Decided to pitch both of these chars in the same post since, well, just seemed like a fun idea.
OOC Section 1
1) Are you interested in Roleplaying?
Man, I'm all about RP, at least as far as WOW is concerned. I'm always IC, even when there's absolutely no one around (which is often, since I usually play in the mornings -- more on this later.)
2) Please briefly explain what Roleplaying is.
To me, it's essentially writing the story of the character, although it would be more accurate to say that I create the characters and then just release them into the wild. With the character's personality and history established, their natural course of action is usually apparent. This is one reason I try and create very diverse characters, so I wouldn't always end up doing the same things.
3) What RP experience (if any) have you had?
RPGs are basically the only thing I play. Also lots of freeform stuff and some limited tabletop experience.
4) Please state three rules of RP.
I guess this is like "according to NC"?
1. Don't push your shit onto others. Respect that others want to be building their own story for their character, which doesn't necessarily involve playing a supporting role in your story. You're not the main character, you're just one of the many faceless grunts with an identical hairdo.
2. Try to think up motivation for your character that doesn't involve being a raging douche. Challenging everyone you meet on the street may make perfect sense for your character, but it will get real old real fast for everyone else.
3. Try not to explicitly refer to the gameplay mechanics IC. I myself have a character-specific explanation for e.g. being resurrected, why the chars can whip up chainmail from a couple of bars of iron in 10 seconds, etc, but a lot of players would rather simply gloss all this stuff over, so bringing it up can put them to a spot. WOW-specifically, try not to be too specific about your in-game exploits; Since a lot of characters do the same quests, it's kind of immersion-breaking to hear someone boast about the same unique accomplishment you yourself pulled off just the other week.
1) First of all, it’s really helpful if you share with us your name. Your full name preferably. Silly nicknames to be added afterwards. Don’t ask about my own - long story involving a party trick...
Rikwick: Rikwick Gripgear.
Zerakya: Zerakya Spitblood. Zer.
2) So from what race do you hail?
Rikwick: The Kezan goblins.
Zerakya: Like dey say: Da few, da proud, da trolls. Well, not so few, obviously... dere be quite a lot of us, come ta tink of it. Wonder why dey be sayin' that, anyhow?
3) Tell us a little bit about yourself, keep it short, simple and snappy. Sum up your life so far!
Rikwick: I'm the CEO of Gripgear Industries, the fastest growing Bilgewater subsidiary operating from the northern portion of the eastern part of the central Bilgewater Harbor, and the company that brough you such exiting products as Clapfeet - the steam-powered sandals; Super-Bolt - everything a regular bolt is, only more so; and Purodil - turns absolutely everything purple. Inquire now with your Bilgewater retailers.
Zerakya: Granpy-spirits be tellin' me, "Zerakya, look ovah dere, beyond da Darkspear lands. What ya be seein'?", an' I be tellin' dem, "Buncha hills", and dey be sayin', "Nah, Zerakya, beyond da hills", and I be sayin', "Dat cloud kinda be lookin' like sum kinda fruits. Or titties", and dey be sayin', "Exactly! Dere be easy life, Zerakya!" So here I be.
4) What do you specialise in? Fighting? Magic? Dodgy deals? What is your area of expertise?
Rikwick: Gripgear Industries specializes in acquisitions, be it by means of negotiations or a hostile take-over; If we can't get it, you don't want it. We also employ several freelance operators that can satisfy all your mutilation and torture needs.
Zerakya: I be a natural born killah, mon. Granpy-spirits got my back, give me powah.
...Also, if ya be needin' some 'erbs, I'm ya mon, mon.
5) The Alliance, The Scourge and The Burning Legion; What are your personal feelings about these forces?
Rikwick: As a 100% committed member of the Horde, Bilgewater Cartel's official stance is that these forces cannot and will not be tolerated in any capacity. But you must understand, the world of commerce is a complicated, complicated place. We can't be held responsible if, say, a private individual we do trade with chooses to use resources gained thereof to aid the enemy. Accidents happen, my friend.
Zerakya: Ooh, humans be nasty. Always crawlin' ovah everyplace like cockroaches, and ya kill 'em and ya kill 'em and dere always be more. I definit'ly be opposed to Da Scourge and Da Burnin' Legion, too. I ain't be likin' da whip one bit, and I ain't gonna be in no legion dat be on fire, mon. I might be interested in da Smoking Legion, tho.
6) What is your most prized possession?
Rikwick: My undying loyalty to the mighty Horde!
Zerakya: When I first be startin' shaman trainin', I be gettin' dis totem from da tribe eldah. He be tellin' me, "Spirits be talkin' ta ya Zerayka. Ya gonna be a mighty shaman one day, an' den ya be needin' dis."
I be droppin' it in da lavatory da odah day, tho, an' not be seein' it since.
7) How did you hear about the warband?
Rikwick: Why, yours is one of the most -- if not the most -- influential and powerful organizations in all of Azeroth! How could I not have heard of you?
Zerakya: Granpy-spirits be tellin' me. Lots of mighty trolls in ya ranks, they be sayin'.
8 ) Why do you wish to join the warband?
Rikwick: This partnership represents an unique opportunity both parties would surely greatly benefit from.
Zerakya: Boss Rikwick be tellin' dat if I not be gettin' off my lazy ass an' findin' some work, he be cuttin' off sometin' dat won't be growin' back.
9) Why should we take you?
Rikwick: I think my credentials speak for themselves. And you'll not only get me, but also the vast intelligence and talent pool Gripgear Industries has accumulated.
Zerakya: Cuz I be da coolest dude around.
10) And finally, sum yourself up using one word, and one word only!
OOC Section 2
1) Where did you hear about us?
Péri pointed me your way ingame.
2) What do you hope to find in the Shatterskull Marauders?
Just a bit of IC interaction, really. My chars are in general pretty dark and solitary, but Rikwick and Zerakya both thrive from contact, mostly because they're both characters better suited for comic relief than the spotlight. As such, I wouldn't mind playing "supporting roles" with them.
3) Do you intend to raid? If so you should contact Sylphi, our raiding officer and check the raiding section of the forums once you've been initiated.
Both these characters are low level, so I doubt this will be a consideration for the time being. Plus, I work at night and usually play in the morning/noon, which I would imagine would create some scheduling conflicts. If there's something people absolutely want me to be there for, I can make arrangements, tho.
4) Do you intend to PvP?If so Thrakha, our PvP officer will have all the details about current PvP happenings.
Both of these characters are hyper-vicious, altho in Zerakya's case of it's more ignorance than malice. They might not go out of their way to fight the Alliance, but they sure as shit don't mind a wee bit of liberal genocide and pillage, either.