1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
I've been on the Venture Co since 2006 and have been rping since I got here! Might know me as Calahan from the knights of lordaeron. I'm pretty well versed in RP and have participated in events and stories throughout the years over on alliance side.
2) Why do you want to join us?
I've always regarded the Marauders as the best rping guild on the Horde and lately decided that I'm only getting half of what this server has to offer. I'd love to enjoy some RP from the Horde perspective and I think the Marauders would be the best place to find it. Admittedly my character is a lowbie, but I can work on that!
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
Tricky one, I'd say it was playing your character in the world as they themselves would experience it. I'd have to liken it to a blend of acting and story writing!
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
Communication skills and the ability to empathise with your character as well as respecting other people's own concepts.
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
If I get my character to a respectable level then yeah that'd be great! I've raided since vanilla and have led one or two myself.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
PvP is my main interest apart from RP, I've been playing PuG battlegrounds since they were released and know them all too well. I can't claim to have much experience with rated battlegrounds but I've got 2 arena teams that seem to have modest success.
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
My name is Runthor, eldest son of Darnash Spinebreaker. I'm an orc shaman hailing from Hammerfall in the Arathi Highlands.
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
My father inspired in me a strong sense of military tradition. He taught me the meanings of honour and duty and with these I am prepared to win glory in his name and in service of the warband. My training as a shaman has come to an end and though I may be young I am anxious to prove myself. It would be my desire to see the heart of battle on the front lines but I possess some knowledge of healing should the need for it arise.
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
Much of my youth has been spent keeping my headstrong brother Garn out of trouble. I believe family is important and only wish he listened more to our father. Apart from helping tend the wounded from alliance attacks on Hammerfall I do not have any great tales to tell. My father served as a soldier in the third war when I was but a runt. I hope to follow his honourable example and make a name for myself in this now shattered world.
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
If I am to serve with the best I wish to be the best, I have learned my lessons well and always strived to prove myself as capable in my trials. I fight with hammer and blade alongside the aid of the elements. I am eager to put myself to the test.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
I have my father's honour to uphold, I would never bring shame to him or myself and I will do whatever is required of me to prove this.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
I am young and capable, my trainer used to tell me I never lacked for ambition or courage.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
Even in a place as distant as Hammerfall we hear stories of the Warband's honour and glory. I wish to be a part of a true formidable fighting force.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
I have experience in treating wounded grunts in Hammerfall and I have always fought to the last of my strength in my combat trials. I learn fast and will not hesitate in battle.
9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.
Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.
Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?
I would seek to aid my allies. I would feel honour bound to come to their aid and have to hope that we could yet return to the city as a team.
10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
I hold much respect for my superiors and would hope to learn valuable lessons from their wisdom.