((First off, sorry for bothering nairini via mail. I finally got the email verification to work))
OUT OF CHARACTER
As we are a roleplaying guild, we will only take those applicants on who are enthusiastic about RP. You don't have to be a lore know-it-all, or turn into a walking dictionary to join us however some basic knowledge is prefered. The Marauders however wont hesitate to educate you on what you need, considering you're willing to learn! We do also offer a raid team, and a PvP team that you will have the chance to join if you are accepted into the Marauders.
1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
Before my roughly year long break from WoW, I was active alliance side on TVC for about 4 years. In those years, I played in the Old town mercenaries before TBC and then moved on to the Highborne, where I spent a good two years. Having left both of those guilds and seen my server gradually dying, I have tried to keep up RP but have found very little alliance side. Cynthiia and then Evaska were my characters names alliance side, in case any of you have heard of her.
2) Why do you want to join us?
Because TVC is my home, but I hear roleplay is still active hordieside and that you guys are the perfect place. So far, from what I've seen, it looks like there's nowhere i'd rather spend my time.
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
To play your character within the game, to act as they would act, to fufill their stories, their goals, their personality. It is a way to immerse oneself further in a game.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
Someone who fleshes out their characters, who ignores themselves ooc in building how their character acts, how they think and feel. A good roleplayer is someone who realises the limitations of roleplay (not godmoding) and also the boundless enjoyment that can be had by it.
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
Maybe a few 10 mans someday, but I'm not focused on raiding as I'm generally too busy irl. I'd like a few someday, but really my only experience is Wotlk 10 mans.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
I'm just a battleground player. I'm too casual for hardcore pvp. Had an arena team in tbc but got stomped.
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
Rahkath Ungul of da darkspear tribe. Troll.
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
Fighting be 'an extremely serious past-time of mine mon. Ah train tah be a marksman of da best ability. Tah be leavin' echo isles and seek out adventure. Ah don't expect to not come across fightin' so yah mon, ah' be ready tah fight.
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
Tah be starting, ah must admit dat I'm young. It barely be my twentieth year. I tink of myself as a wanderer, an explorah. It's not 'ard to find adventure in da horde and I've found it pretty quickly mon. I enjoy sport and hunting, trackin' down da wild animals is my passion in life. I'm not da best yet, but ah be 'aving a keen eye for placing arrows in things. Of course, like any self respectin' troll ah can cook up some food and enjoy talkin' to people. been cooped up with da tribe too long, gotta be meetin' as many of da horde as I can!
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
Tah be honest witchya, I be possessed of a 'deadeye'. I'm not da best huntah the horde has seen, but I be seeming tah have a knack at piercing targets with arrows with da kind of precision those goblin machines couldn't hope fah. I'm young and strong mon, I can't be beatin' by no-one in a shoot-off.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
Throw da challenges at me, ah' I be guarentee'ing fireworks. Whatever it takes fah me tah be accepted, A'll be doing it. Rahkath is no weaklin' an' a be provin' it tah anyone who thinks otherwise.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
Ah be everythin' da darkspear offer. Tough, durable, smart, precise. Ferocious. Ah be thinkin' ma youth makes me appropriate too, makes me strong and ready to fight.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
Ah be wantin' to meet new people, tah prove myself among da horde. Ah know you guys are da best of the best for that.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
Dis be where I falter mon. Ah haven't fought in any horde military engagements. Da darkspear have had their own trouble an' I've been helpin' them. We pushed Zalazane off da echo isles. Since then, I have been targetting da alliance forces encroachin' on our settlements. If ya be wantin' someone taken away from a distance, I be ya man.
9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.
Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.
Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?
Ah wouldn't be true tah myself if I said ah would help da city. First an' foremost, despite knowin' dat the needs of many are above da few, Ah couldn't stand by and allow my friends tah be executed. So it would be my friends, an' I would suffer da consequences later.
10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
Ah know my place, an' am willin' tah earn respect among you all.