OUT OF CHARACTER
As we are a roleplaying guild, we will only take those applicants on who are enthusiastic about RP. You don't have to be a lore know-it-all, or turn into a walking dictionary to join us however some basic knowledge is prefered. The Marauders however wont hesitate to educate you on what you need, considering you're willing to learn! We do also offer a raid team, and a PvP team that you will have the chance to join if you are accepted into the Marauders.
1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
My roleplay experience consists of a few years on both alliance and horde, and it has allowed me to get better in touch with the lore, and how you can use the game mechanics to further your roleplay.
2) Why do you want to join us?
To be honest i didn't knew that much about the roleplay on the horde side on this realm until i took the liberty to find out and look for myself, and yours is the guild that seems to have a good atmosphere and tends to keep the RP to as what it should be... and that's what i am looking for.
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
My defenition of RP is that you immerse yourself into a fictive character/world and make it as alive as you can. IC and OOC are very very different in terms of that immersion.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
The ability to imagine, elaborate, create and use the lore to your advantage... as well as having an openmind, as so many people have so many ideas they want to illustrate in there characters... with that said, i don't mean changing the lore. just using initiative and seperate OOC from IC
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
My views on raiding with you is too early to tell, i certainly wouldn't mind it at all.
My raiding experience pre-dates back to MC and BWL and up, done most and seen most.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
If there's a red name and i am around.... For the Warband, For the Horde.. Lok'tar Ogar!
Doing PvP on my main, and i do love a good pvp session in anytype of BG or Arena.
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
The Names Grahlim Copperwrench Former Engineer of Kezan, and Shaman in training.
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
Where my allegiance is, so is my honor, and if it means kicking a few, "mutters: preferably loads" humans, and dwarves and scum alike, my fist will me right up there...."grins"
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
Hmm "ponders for a moment" well to make a long story short, i was like any other goblin, expected to excell in different kinds of machinery... however the call of the primal spirits were even greater in my blood, so after numerous of failed attempts of putting togheter target dummies or the occassional exploding sheep. The affinity to wield the elements came much more natural then anything, and that led me to Orgrimmar, to fight and aid the horde with my gifts.
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat? Well i do know my affinity for engineering is not that great... but in one aspect i do know, is that i ain't a quitter, and instead of giving up i proritize my potentials and resume the more hard working skills later. And that is something i intend to do for the warband... The Warband and The Horde comes first.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
Using common sense and a backbone is what illustrates who you really are... and if someone wants to pull rank to illustrate a point for the sake of leadership, there loss.... the strong leads, and with it comes wisdom, and if that is the aura the marauders is showing, i'll step in line, shut up, and do my job for the marauders.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
You're not fond of cowardice, disobedience, and certainly not showing any lack of strength... well i certainly don't display any of these traits. It's as i say, any weakness can be turned into motivation...and with motivation comes progress, and the way i see the marauders... the alliance shall fear when the marauders move.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
Too prove that what i've said is true. - And a place to call home, and to give what i can to the horde
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
My stay on Kezan was a short and brief one... but during my stay i spent most of my time pushing alliance back into the water, and honing my shamanistic side, to best aid whatever friends i can team up with. as for rank and role i didn't really bother at the time... aslong as i got to smash some teeth in i was happy, but i'd say if any rank was too be applied, i'd say that a wise man is atleast in the most right direction.. as i take great care when listening to the spirits, and i am all for spreading that message on.
9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.
Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.
Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?
I shall never leave a friend behind.. if i am in a dire situation it just motivates me more, knowing i get to slam some alliance heads in... "smirks" a city have some defenses, my friends have none, and i am the only one knowing where they are...Lok'tar Ogar
10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
I am prepared to listen and step in line from a person that reeks of wisdom and knows war.
not by some golden boy that came in at the right time... Challenge me...Proove to me that you're a worthy leader and all of my skills will be yours.
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this application form. An officer will be along shortly to take a read, and if successful, you will be contacted in game for an IC interview!