Hello! I would like to join your guild with my 85 Shaman I play on TVC (recently moved there in search of more RP). I will fill in the form below and cross my fingers.
1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
I have played most common pen and paper RP-games since the age of 12 (am 32 now). I have also done my fair share of live action roleplay in my younger days, and of course RP in games like Neocron, DAOC and WoW.
2) Why do you want to join us?
I have read about RP-guilds on TVC, and Shatterskull Marauders seems to be one of the most venerated guilds, and from reading up a bit on you guys I must say it sounds like my kind of guild.
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
This is a very big question, and of course very subjective. For me, in MMOs, roleplay is all about "making the scene". Be it a shady raid on an unsuspecting Alliance village, a guild endeavor deep into a dungeon or just beer chugging in Orgrimmars beer pits, it is all about how you do it. Making the scene good, in my view, is when the event is made with lots of fitting character-play, such as fitting remarks and emotes, and keeping a conversation going. To make the event seem as real as possible.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
Empathy towards other players
Ability to act on how your character reacts, not yourself (which might not always be the same, hopefully haha)
Not having to play the coolest ultimate hero (for me it is way more fun to play low underdogs or servants, but in WoW, where everyone is a hero, it can be done with a twist. What I am trying to say is really: don't be so epic, less is more)
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
I play for RP and PvP, and some smaller dungeons. Raiding does not interest me much.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
Yes! I have years of experience with PvP, tho I have never gone much for Arena or RBG. I will be happy to join you in this though.
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
I am Narza, of the orcs.
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
I am. If you take me in, my blood is yours to command.
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
I was born on Draenor, before the First War. Sixth offspring of Arog the Shaman, of the Blackrock clan, I was trained in the ways of the elements from a very young age. I hunted the beasts and communed with the spirits, and learned much during my early years.
During the First War, I served the clan as a healer and keeper, as our wounded came back from the war effort in Azeroth, mine was the task to tend to the fallen and wounded. I have dug my share of graves.
During the Second War, I was drafted, along with so many other unfortunate souls, into the manipulations of Gul'dan. My family and others joined Gul'dan in the newly formed Stormreaver clan, and partook in the dark magics and rituals which so perverted our souls. I became a lowly Necrolyte, and kept digging graves and assisting other higher ranking Necrolytes with whatever they needed. My place in the clan was a servants, because my skills with the dark arts was limited and not very spirited. My loss of the connection to the elements was always present in my mind, and made it impossible for me to rise to any station in the Stormreaver clan.
When the Blackrock clan, under Doomhammer's reign, destroyed the Stormreaver clan, very few survived. Most of the clan was in Azeroth, but not I. I had been set with the charge of obtaining certain plants needed in rituals, which only grew in the swamps of Zangarmarsh. When word reached me, I was still on Draenor. Time is running short, and I best make my tale short. I was taken in by the Mag'har of Garadar, where I spent many years reconnection with the elements, and when the Horde came back to Draenor after the Third War, we all joined.
I am still working hard for the Horde, to reclaim my fallen honor, and to cleanse my soul of the shame of the Stormreaver clan.
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
Ever since my status as a Shaman was reinstated, and the elements once more accepted me, I have fought the enemies of the Horde with my blood born rage, tempered with the wisdom of age. I favour close quarters and melee, where I wreak havoc and unleash the full fury of the storm and blood.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
I will follow orders given my the warband, whether they are suicidal or not. I will readily accpet any challenge or order given me.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
I have experience of age, hatred only shame can bring, and an unwavering belief in the Horde. I will be a useful fighter, as will be proven, should you choose to give me the chance.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
I am without a clan, and my time with the Mag'har is at an end. The stories around the camp fires often contain the name "Shatterskull" now a days. I believe that the fire elementals of the camp fires guides me to you.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
As statedbefore, I toiled many years as a healer when I was a young orc, while now, for the last years, I have been doing a grunt's work for the Mag'har, and later on, as a Shaman for the Mag'har. There is plenty work for both in Nagrand.
9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.
Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.
Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?
I help my friends, and after they are freed, I will seek the spirits aid in getting us all to Orgrimmar as soon as possible.
10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
Without a clear and working hierarchy the Horde cannot function. I do not disobey orders. That would bring me great dishonour.