1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
I have role played in innumerate settings and in a number of different games.
2) Why do you want to join us?
A friend of mine said you were an awesome guild and from what they have said you sound like an awesome person.
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
The creation and playing of a character/characters in an fictional enviroment.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
I'm good at creating a character and getting into their minds, making choices from their perspective. (I think that has something to do with my love of writing)...
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
Yes I wish to raid with you. My experience is... at present limited as I only recently upgraded to a full account. However I love the game and am willing to train and get better to do this.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
I've done pvp with another character through all said character's level brackets until I reached the starter edition cap level of 20. I intend to take that character to a higher level... but blizzard mucked up a little and I need to pay to get it moved between 2 servers... yeah, its complicated to explain what happened there (I don't get what/why it happened myself).
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
I am Vorkhan of the House of Bel-Korhadris, a blood elf of Quel'Thalas
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
Aye, for my people, for my brothers in arms and for the horde I will battle to death and beyond.
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
I have trained in the ways of magic since I was but a child. Mana flows through all of my lineage.
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
I have trained and specialised in the ways of the arcane mage. I have long been prepared for battle and to me the flow of magic is like a song who's movements I know very well. I flow through its movements with ease and grace of one long accustomed to it.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
Cowardice and disobedience are ways abhorred by my house. He who flees the battle is for ever considered a blood traitor and cast out. To disobey a superior in war is considered a dereliction of honour. Though according to the teachings of my lineage a fool obeys blindly, a wise man will obey but gather an understanding of why.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
I am a warrior and I wish to fight. I have heard much of your warband and wish to garner honour with it. I am a warrior of the utmost dedication and my oath of service I offer you.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
For the glory and honour of my house and line. For the furtherance of Quel'Thalas, the Sin'Dorei and the horde!
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
My experience is limited though I have seen and learned much at the hand of my teachers, I am eager to learn more and to become a true honour to my household and line
9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.
Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.
Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?
Such a question should not be asked of any being, no matter his race. For how can he know how he will react until that moment is thrust upon him? When an elf must choose between loyalty to his friends and allies or to his race. I cannot give an answer to that question for I have no way of knowing how I would react until such a moment was upon me. Though I would hope I would make my decision based on knowledge. For one man alone cannot turn the tide of a battle, yet with a few allies he may yet bring hope to the hopeless.
10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
I will respect it and obey its tenets. If my opinion is asked, I shall give it. If it is not, then so be it.