Here's my application from Valdimar Fero'dal, the blood elf hunter.
Although I've just been invited to your guild, I'd like to give you a bit more info about myself via this application form.
1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
I'm still a RP beginner, I don't have much experience yet. But I'm definitely willing to learn!
2) Why do you want to join us?
Well, several reasons! The first reason is to learn and develop roleplaying in a friendly guild, and join the events. I've been on the server for about 3 weeks now, looking around and trying to get a taste of RP. I noticed a lot is going on! But as I was not in a guild, it was mainly limited to smalltalk in an Inn, or on the streets. I guess most of the events or missions are taking place within guilds.
So I went searching for a RP guild and since I'm a blood elf, I first looked at the guilds around Silvermoon. But I found them too small, limited (racial only) and their "high society" atmosphere just doesn't fit me and my character. I'd like to support a bigger guild with more races, and a more raw warband atmosphere. Then I saw your recruitment posts on the Battle.net forums, and your guild seems just the one I'm looking for. I also saw a post where Sylphí replied to someone who asked about a guild that's not unfriendly towards lgtb players and suggested the Marauders. While it's not a big issue, I think for me it's a plus.
I also saw you guys several times in Nagrand with a huge group, and that kind of thing made me curious. Then I met Roéd and Hikká on a friday night in the Silvermoon Inn and enjoyed their RP. One of them noticed I was guildless and suggested me to have a look at your guild website. So I did, and this application is the result.
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
It's to give my character a soul, a story and a personality, but also to support a group and get involved in events. Not just a "machine" to level, farm and loot. I've played on the server Outland before (regular PvP) and I always missed these aspects greatly.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
Hmmm, good question! I might be too novice to judge about that... But I think it's important to improvise, to be patient, and to keep things open/friendly... (unless your character is extremely evil, of course...)
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
Yes. When I'm level 85 and geared. I have done FL and DS 8/8 on the Outland server; was part of a raiding guild.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
I have some BG and Arena experience from my Outland toons, but no rated battlegrounds yet.
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
I'm Valdimar Fero'dal, a blood elf hunter born in Silvermoon City.
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
Yes, I am!
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
Valdimar is the youngest son of a family of one of Silvermoon's fish merchants.
After several trading missions with his family to the goblins of Booty Bay, he got impressed by the nature - but also the dangers - of Stranglethorn Vale.
Back home in Silvermoon City, he felt that he was a bit different than most of his sophisticated elven brethren. He likes nature, wilderness and animals, rather than the arts of magic. He decided to study marksmanship.
After that, he went back to Stranglethorn Vale to join the forces to protect Grom'gol Base Camp and its surroundings.
Now he's back in Silvermoon, freelancing for the Farstriders. But he doesn't really feel at home. He'd rather have a different new mission, and perhaps a new place to live.
At first glance Valdimar appears to be a regular blood elf, with a slim body and finely built arms because of his archery skills.
But his face has some bruises and his left eyebrow is a bit shorter than the right one. His eyes are bright green, with a curious look in them.
His armor is slightly scratched. He doesn't appear to be so sophisticated as most of his noble elven brethren are.
Used to spend a lot of time with his pet in the wilderness, he might be a bit suspicious and clumsy at first. Once people turn out to be friends, he's very friendly and loyal. However, there's no mercy to enemies, whether it's the Alliance or others.
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
It's particularly the survival skills that I've specialized in, but animals (cats!) are my secondary specialization. Lurin (my cat) will rip enemies into pieces!
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
Following the commands, protect the group and rip the enemies apart.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
As stated in my biography, I don't feel at home with my sophisticated elven brethren in Silvermoon. They kinda lost it… I don't care about robes, jewelry and glamour. I've worked a lot with the other races and they've proved to be authentic friends during my missions to fight the enemies. Thats why I think I'd fit in your warband.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
I've worked with the forces of Grom'gol in Stranglethorn to fight and protect the base camp. After that, I went back to Silvermoon and free-lanced for the Farstriders.
9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.
Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.
Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?
I'd most definitely choose for my friends and help them, especially since I'm the only one that could help them.
10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.