1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
Plenty! I've played the game for several years, perhaps four or more. Over that time I have roleplayed across many characters, and like to think that doing so has given me a better grasp on how to characterize the ones I play at present.
2) Why do you want to join us?
Your guild offers a multi-racial RP experience, to which I have been previously unable to find on Defias Brotherhood (Horde side). The colourful characters, and well structured organization of the Shatterskull Marauders are what drew me in.
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
A hobby. Like hundreds of players all writing a book together, in which plots can change and weave depending on the characters actions. I try not to take it 'too' seriously, but serious enough that it doesn't become ridiculous.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
The ability to distance ones self from the character, so that there are no grudged feelings during the unpleasant consequences of their actions. To be able to have fun, and build interesting roleplay opportunities for the benefit of the server to enjoy.
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
Perhaps not, I lack the time and availability to raid. I did some, during WotLK in its early stages however.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
Casual PvPer, not much experience. It's fun for me! I'm just not very good at it, though I have a competant understanding of HOW to PvP properly.
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
Jósef Grant, I was once a Human but now I have been afflicted with a mild case of... err undeath.
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
The Horde has showed me sympathy, empathy, and acceptance. My former kingdom has made it clear what little love they had for me, died along with my physical form. You have my word, I will fight.
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
Prior to my untimely death, I was a librarian. Had my life continued along the path I carefully set out, in a decade or so I would have become a priest of the Holy Light. Reading was my passion, and that passion has managed to stimulate my mind long enough to receive permament solidity in this undead state. My actual life is a rather boring escapade, time spent indoors with a book or sipping on wine. You wouldn't be very interested!
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
My affinity for moving in silence, or advanced sight and hearing as a result of undeath robbing some senses, then causing others to enhance for compensation. I also possess some skills useful for hiding in plain sight, or moving from one place to another at high speed. I hope these skills can be put to good use, perhaps as a scout of sorts?
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
Death killed my meekness, and gave rise to an entirely new set of personality traits. Some that I had never even knew of! The best method of proving courage, obedience and strength is through actions. That is how I would intend to prove myself.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
Truth be told this is a difficult question to answer, though my intelligence (not to sound too boastful of course) and rational mind would prove somewhat beneficial under the guidance of your officers.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
You have shown me kindness and strength that has left me with a debt, and one I feel inclined to repay with interest.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
Apprentice medic during small skirmishes on the Lordaeronian border, that prepared me for gore I suppose.
9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.
Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.
Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?
In my mind, I would hope rational thinking wins over sentimentality for the sake of the greater whole. However, I would attempt to gather what little resources - and possible allies - available at the time. Then, proceed to formulate a plan that could at least delay the execution. Giving reinforcements time to arrive, or solving the issue of our own strength. After this is done, if any of us manage to survive we would join the defense of our city.
10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.