This is an application form for Quintzy, a goblin rogue. Some of you might know me by the name Juveline back from The Venture Co days. I just got back to game and I am looking for a decent new home.OOC1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
Plenty from the days of early TVC, some from SSM, Dancing Cavaliers and The Light Watch. Moreover I am an enthusiastic tabletop roleplayer.2) Why do you want to join us?
I've just got back to WoW for some time (might be a month or two, or even more if I happen to enjoy it) and TVC is a wasteland, someone from the guild have sent me a resurrection scroll with a comment that Marauders have moved the server and from what I've gathered Defias Brotherhood is a nice server and it would be good to have a home in the guild that was the first serious guild I've joined in WoW.3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
All the world's a stage and we are but an actors. RP is a theater for enjoyment of oneself and fellow roleplayers.4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
Being realistic about their characters and situations in which they find themselves. Thinking out characters alignment, good and bad qualities and adhering to them while roleplaying is a must. No badassery at all times. People who manage to roleplay defeat, morale failure and other "moment of weakness" share the most exhilarating rp experience ever. Moreover, it is important not to forget that you are not the only actor and having too much of the spotlight will make you look like an ass
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
I do, no more than once or twice a week, though if the time is good I'd be a regular attendee. My experience concludes the whole of the WOTLK raiding (most HM as well) and some Cataclysm raiding (patch 4.0), though I must admit that my skill has decreased drastically since WOTLK times.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
I would be interested in Ranked Battlegrounds, though my PvP skills are quite lacking.IN CHARACTER
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!General Questions1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
- Quintzy Whizsprocket, tinker, adventurer and long-standing soldier of the Horde, currently presiding -and assisting-in-rebuilding his hometown of Gadgetzan at your service! *salutes* I guess you'd figured out I ain't no greenskin gnome by now? *smirks*
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
-Mam, I've been through Draennor and Northrend, which reminds me of ... *starts to unfurl his shirt, bent on intention of showing of some supposed battle scars* ... never mind, got out alive, still have plenty of fight in me.
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
- I've been part of the Horde as long as I remember, just in me dads shoes, poor fellow died in the Second War. With the Dark Portal opening and all I've enrolled as a field engineer... ((Quintzy continues with his story, for the sake of brevity I shall post a bio I've conducted sometime ago)):
"Quintzy is rather careful, for a goblin anyway. Back in the day he was a part of a Steamwheedle Cartel, however, sometime after the opening of the Dark Portal he decided to join the Horde in the steps of his deceased father.
A field engineer, Quintzy dabbled in the functionality of many devices employed by the Horde in their Draenor campaign. He served with recognition of honor and courage that Quintzy displayed in confrontations with both the forces of Burning Legion and the Alliance. His natural carefulness saved him from a few tight spots.
It is in Draenor that Quintzy had a first change of heart. Hailing from a rather poor family (by goblin standards anyway
) Quitzy never quite had the motivation in enriching himself, rather being interested in engineering devices and adventure. He was however faced with the pressure from the fellow peers. Once he saw the horrors of war and the state Draenor was in, his perspective changed forever - as long as Quintzy Whizsprocket draws breath, he will face the horrors of the worlds together with his allies.
His outstanding service record and renewed purpose in life has lead him to join the Horde in their Northrend campaign. He was stationed in Warsong Hold for the most part of the campaign, catering for demolishers and zeppelins. In the later stages of the campaign he was transferred to Ogrim's Hammer where he took care of the machinery and guns.
While not bearing witness of the bulk of the action in Northrend campaign. Quintzy grew weary of the wars and the ruthlessness that Garrosh's forces displayed in the confrontation with the Alliance. With the fall of the Icecrown Citadel, he was set on returning home - to Gadgetzan.
Re-united with his family and using the fortune he earned during his participation in Horde's war effort, Quintzy has set up a small engineering shop in Steamwheedle Port and it would seem that he was bound to lead peaceful life afterward ...
... it all changed with the Great Cataclysm, the great tide swallowed Steamwheedle Port and all of Quintzy's dreams of peaceful life. The flood has taken the lives of his mother. Stricken with grief his sister has turned to adventuring. Unable to persuade her to stay, Quintzy himself has decided to pick up adventuring, like in his younger days and he swore to bring justice by whatever means to the forces that ended the world.
To this end he seeks an organization that would share his goals." ((This is a bit dated, but the majority hold true
))4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
-Landmines? Check. Goblin mortars? Check. Demolishers? Can do. Zeppelins? I've seen em all. In other words I am good at them gadgets. Plenty of uses in combat too. Oh and I can be quite sneaky as well, can do scouting yessir!5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
- Cowardice you say? I might have been a coward once, but I've seen the horrors of war since. I say you tell me what I ought to do and we'll see if we can work this out.6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
- Brainpower and engineering know-how. Even the most savage and ruthless warband of the Horde is nothing without at least some expertise with the latest technology, to foil the opposing engineers the least, I'd fill that tech expert niche, providing there is one.7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
- Strength and honor. Even though I've been in active service of the Horde and swore the oaths, being a goblin engineer I never really had the chance to experience the true meaning of being a Horde soldier. I intent to undertake this journey now and I think the Marauders is an excellent opportunity for this.8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
- Field engineer, Draennor Campaing, stationed in Thrallmar. Senior engineer, Northrend Campaign, stationed at Warsong Hold and later on board of Orgrims Hammer.Moral Question
9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.
Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.
Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?
- What kind of question is that? I'll help my friends and then we'd ride together, onward to foul the siege!
10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
- Hey, I've served under Garrosh himself at Warsong, I know of rank and file and where to show respect if it's due.