1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
Long term roleplayer beginning in the early 90's with games such as D+D, Cyberpunk, Shadowrun, and progressing on to computer based rpg's with games such as realms of kaos and eventually, warcraft. I would consider myself well versed in rp etiquette, and experienced enough to create and GM stories. I have tried to foster some Outland rp on this server but have thus far been unsuccessful.
2) Why do you want to join us?
I wish to join a progressive guild which is not racially themed as many rp guilds on DB are; I also have found military style rp to be the most fun of all types encountered in Warcraft. The Marauders seemed a natural choice. Plus, I played on TVC during Vanilla and think I may remember the guild from there....
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
A group of like minded individuals playing out their characters for entertainment.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
The ability to listen, and add value to the rp as and when required. Knowledge is important, but not as important as actually enjoying rp. The ability to help and overlook small mistakes in others is also a good trait to have and I guess if I had to sum it up in one word it would be "tolerance"
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
I am very inexperienced at raiding, I don't mind old content where things are more relaxed but I find current content too demanding of my time and concentration.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
I am interested in PVP, and more specifically WPVP as part of roleplaying. I am not very experienced in rated stuff, but would be willing to have a go with people around my own skill level.
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
I am Khorus Baneblade, born of the Tauren mountain tribes of northern Kalimdor.
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
I was born to be a warrior, and am a seasoned veteran of all campaigns of the new Horde. Loyalty, strength and victory are the most important aspects of being a warrior of the Horde.
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
Even from birth I have had to overcome incredible odds to be able to speak here! My mother was slain even as I suckled on her, as my people were attacked by fierce centaur warriors from the lower plains. It would have been quite conceivable for me to have disappeared from history at barely a week old, save for the fact that my brother and I were rescued by the most unlikely of saviours, a wandering night elf druid and his companions. This night elf, whose name I do not even know delivered me safely to the Skychaser tribe who raised me as their own. As for my brother, it is unknown what became of him. It is said that he was raised amongst elves, but I am yet to meet anyone who knows of his existence.
Being blessed with neither the power of the elements, nor the call of the wild, I have honed my talents instead towards martial prowess and defeating my many enemies through strength of arms. I have always held a sense of awe towards those blessed to be shaman or druid, but have found my lack of such a calling not to be a hindrance.
I have held a command in a mercenary company, but have found that paid work is not the same as fighting for a just cause. I yearn to fight with purpose once more.
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
As already stated, I have fought in all campaigns of the New Horde and despite reaching my senior years, I still have much to offer new recruits in the form of leadership and tricks of the trade. I take pride in my ability to follow orders and achieve the objective. That said, I encourage adaptabilty and resourcefulness in all who seek my council. There is no honour in marching through a valley surrounded by enemy archers, unless of course you are capable of bringing down the mountains.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
I would hope to prove in my first engagement all of the desirable attributes that you have mentioned however I will not follow nor encourage any person to follow an order given recklessly, instead seek out alternate ways to even or better any bad odds. A bad officer is better off dead, and a good soldier knows when to kill him.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
My bones are old but my spirit burns bright. I seek one last chance to serve a warband before taking my retirement, and would seek to carve my name in the blood and guts of our enemies.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
As I approach my twilight years, I seek companionship and wish to leave my mark on the next generation that follow in my footsteps. Many of my friends have already died in glorius battle, and I find that as the eternal winter approaches I seek new companions to eat by my camp fire.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
I have held command in a mercenary guild, and have led troops in to battle on many occasion. I feel that there is little more regarding the martial skills that I could be taught, however am always keen to learn other disciplines. A warrior who focuses too heavily on one path leaves himself vulnerable to attack on another.
9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.
Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.
Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?
Any of my friends would fight me for the right to die first in aid of the capital city. All would understand my choice, and all would make the same. Duty before friendship. It is the only way.
10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
I will follow any order worthy of a warrior, however I will not disrespect myself or my comrades by following any unjust order. I have no problem showing respect to those of rank. I started off as a soldier and am happy to end as one.