Hello, I've been playing on Defias for almost 2 years now. I recently stopped playing for 4 months because of exams but now that I'm back I've decided to have a fresh start with Warcraft. Rather than playing from level 1 I decided to abuse the free level 80 Blizzard so kindly offered me and so I'm now a level 80 Orc Hunter on Defias.
1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
In Warcraft the majority of my RP experience comes from random encounters, often while leveling or while hunting Alliance in the wild. I like role-playing but for me it's less important than PvP or Raiding and so I've never spent a lot of time in a guild that's focus is RP. I do have experience role-playing with friends irl playing dungeons and dragons though.
2) Why do you want to join us?
The main reason is that you look like an active, friendly guild. I liked my old guild but it's pretty inactive except on raiding nights and I'm not really that keen on jumping back into raiding straight away. You have a PvP team which is brilliant, I like RP and I like raiding but Rated battlegrounds is the most fun I've had with this game in a long time so I definitely want to join a guild that does battlegrounds.
I'm looking for a guild which does everything really, I want to PvP, RP and maybe Raid but I don't want to take any of it too seriously. I need a fun guild where I can just play casually and enjoy myself without having to worry about politics and drama. Shatterskull Marauders looks really great but you aren't the right fit for me I'll just leave. I'm looking for a guild I can enjoy being in for all of MoP.
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
Putting yourself in the shoes of a character you've created and trying to think like they would.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
Well like everything really the most important thing is to have fun so I think a good roleplayer would have to be able to enjoy a story without having absolute control over it and would have to be able to let little, unimportant mistakes slide. (I know it can be annoying if someone breaks your immersion by making a blatant lore mistake but you break everyone's immersion when you complain about it.)
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
I have no intention of raiding before MoP but I would be interested in joining a team once the expansion drops if there is space. My most relevant experience is 6/7 HC Firelands, 11/12 ICC 10 HC and 9/12 ICC 25 HC. All with ranged dps classes similar to the hunter I'll be playing. (Mage and Elemental Shaman)
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
I love PvP, I'm not a huge fan of arena but I would definitely try to join any rated battleground groups in the guild. I love battlegrounds at all times, one thing I'd hope is that Shatterskull Marauders always has a player or 2 up for some random Battlegrounds.
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
((Before I answer the questions I'll say that this is a brand new character and so I don't have a real back story or personality fleshed out yet. I plan on being a Horde loyalist, war hungry killing machine similar to my previous characters though.))
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
I am Dagtheras, a most loyal Orc of the Horde!
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
Is there any other way to fight?
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
I am an archer, learning to use the bow is my history, training myself for combat is my job and using it to slaughter Alliance is my hobby!
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
The Horde doesn't need unique butterflies thinking they're better than everyone else. I am good with a bow, so are all the archers in Hellscreams Legion. All you need to know is that with me at your side you're safer than with me in Outland.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
I won't do anything different than normal.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
I am Strong, Loyal and Brave.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
Hellscream's main force is disorganised and spends far too much time sitting around. I need combat and I need allies who aren't afraid to join me wherever the Alliance are.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
I've spent time serving as a guard in Outland and I was part of the main force in Northrend. Luckily I was deployed in Grizzly Hills during the Wrathgate incident.
9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.
Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.
Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?
One Orc isn't going to break an enemy siege. I will ride to the aid of my friends and allies and once they are free we shall march together to the aid of Orgrimmar.
10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.