OUT OF CHARACTER
As we are a roleplaying guild, we will only take those applicants on who are enthusiastic about RP. You don't have to be a lore know-it-all, or turn into a walking dictionary to join us however some basic knowledge is prefered. The Marauders however wont hesitate to educate you on what you need, considering you're willing to learn! We do also offer a raid team, and a PvP team that you will have the chance to join if you are accepted into the Marauders.
1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
- This would be a pretty long list if I wrote it all up. Experienced WoW RPer, aswell as a PnP RPer when I'm not online. I guess it would be enough to say that I've been RPing in WoW since some point before TBC, and was a Marauder back on TVC, under the flag of Silvira Frostrose. ^.~
2) Why do you want to join us?
- Nostalgia, awesomeness, I need a proper place to crash Hordeside, and most importantly: I miss my Marauders!
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
- Adding a bit of flavour and life to whatever enviroment I have to work with. In Azeroth, I guess that would be living out my characters way of 'life' by Azeroths rules.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
- Hard questions, those 3 and 4.. Well, decency and the ability to accept that things can happen to your precious character.
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
- I could raid, but to be honest, I'm already in the Knights of Lordaerons' raid-"team". I can jump in if I ever have to though. Experienced just about everything up to cataclysm, but then there's a large black hole between the heroics and Dragonsoul. 8/8 in DS10 normal though.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
- PvP is always interesting. Never been in the rated battlegrounds, but I could team up with someone for arenas, when I learn how to faceroll with them mages.
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
- Jazera Frostrose. Sin'dorei.
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
- I may lack strength of arm, but if someone threatens my Horde they'll have to deal with my flames!
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
- Well, not sure where to start. As far as I can remember, Silvie became my older sister when she took care of me at the orphanage. But.. Then she joined your warband, and her visits became less frequent. And then she stopped comming altogether, so I decided I wanted to look for her. As it turns out, I have an innate attunement to fire, so fire-magic was pretty easy to master.
As for hobbies, well.. Studying and.. hmm. Studying. *nods*
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
- Schooled in Fire Magic, Frost Magic and Arcane Magic. Specialized in burning my victims bodies to the bone. I.. Might get a bit overzealous in combat situations. It has happened that I just couldn't stop myself from setting everything in sight on fire. Flames are so pretty.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
- My sister taught me a great deal about honour and the values of obedience. As for my strengths, it's always useful to have an magician around, isin't it? I have no intentions of backing down from any challenge against my honour. And if I find a weakness in me, I'll burn it away.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
- Actually, I'm a bit unsure about that. But to be honest, I'll be a lot more efficient as a part of a warband, with allies to protect and back me up, than on my own.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
- Mostly to find my sister. ..But there's a lot of pride behind the choice too. I want to be one of the elite.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
- Hmm. I guess I'm fairly inexperienced. I've had a few skirmishes with the Alliance under Warsong and Defiler flag. I guess the rank would be scout, and the role "Support".
9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.
Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.
Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?
- Hmm. That's a tough one. But I guess I'd help my friends and allies. I can't save a city on my own, but if I have my allies with me, I can.
I would rush to the aid of my allies, burn as much of the enemy as I can on my way to my allies release. Then I would open a portal to my capital city (briefly, I wouldn't want any of the enemies sneaking through it to our backs when we're through), and aid in the suppport of the city, with my allies help.
10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
- I will follow orders, as long as they do not conflict with other orders given with priority, from an officer superior to the one giving the clashing order.I hope that will be clear enough.