OUT OF CHARACTER
As we are a roleplaying guild, we will only take those applicants on who are enthusiastic about RP. You don't have to be a lore know-it-all, or turn into a walking dictionary to join us however some basic knowledge is prefered. The Marauders however wont hesitate to educate you on what you need, considering you're willing to learn! We do also offer a raid team, and a PvP team that you will have the chance to join if you are accepted into the Marauders.
1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
I have roleplayed since I began playing World of Warcraft about 4 years ago. I used to be in Shatterskulls on Venture Co as Jutra, but I wasn’t very active then since I had my alliance guild (Maxwell of Knights of Lordaeron).. but now I want to play horde. For the horde!
2) Why do you want to join us?
Because you are a lovely bunch of breathing… living… things, and because I have friends I want to play with in Shatterskull. Ro is my best friend in real life. We are even married on facebook. Uh-hu, you know what I’m sayin’… Bromance, only… the other way around. Also Drek is my soulmate.
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
Don’t say lol, omg in /say and don’t spam /kiss on every player you pass.
Keeping inside the boundaries of the given “universe” that you play in, and staying true to the character one has decided to roleplay.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
I’m not sure if I am any good, but I try to have fun and create fun situations to roleplay in. And I don’t step on other peoples roleplays.
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
Well, I kicked the Lich King in the face, and I can join if needed but I am still lvling.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
I do battlegrounds from time to time, but not arenas. The last time I did arenas it ended up on youtube.
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
My name is Patrick Ignavus the Second, and I am a blood elf.
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
Indeed, sir, I am. I have done all from slaughtering gnomes and cutting trees with my beautiful magic.
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
Well, my friends call me Pat. I descend from a family of barbers. However, when I as a younger elf, I told them that I would not become a barber, but a mailman. Then they threw me out. There was no room for mailmen, only hair and shampoo. I moved in with my aunt, who happened to be a mage, and she trained from that day. That’s how my priorities changed from delivering the mail to fighting and using my magic for other… various… causes. Like joining this glorious warband.
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
Yes, as I said I am a mage, and what make me unique are my frost powers that can freeze the enemy and create protection for my allies.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
Following orders, buying drinks and do my part. I never lie which made it very difficult getting away with mischiefs when I was a child. Also, I am after all a trained barber. I can do anyone’s hair for free.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
I am talented, loyal and ready for a challenge.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
I have always wanted to be a part of something bigger, something more important. Like being a mailman: having the responsibility of delivering the mail, to all citizens, on time, intact and to the right person. This warband seems like the perfect chance to fulfill my responsibility and duties towards my fellow hordes.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
Unfortunately my training is yet not complete, and I have not been able to serve in any battles, but I am eager to do so, and willing to learn. Show me the way to battle and honor!
9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.
Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.
Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?
I would then follow the standing order I had been give before this incident. If the order was no longer valid I would save my friends and allies, give them any medical attention they might require, and then hurry with as many of my allies that are still standing to aid the citizens!
10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
Yes, sir! I swear to follow any orders that you would give. Even if they have to do with Imps and Slimes… and I am terrified of them.
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this application form. An officer will be along shortly to take a read, and if successful, you will be contacted in game for an IC interview!