As an aside, thanks to anyone who helped me with my monk ideas. I've decided to go with a warrior as I prefer it.
1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)I have no RP experience in WoW at all, but I have a fair amount of live RP experience from several years ago. I imagine WoW involves fewer blows to the head with rubber swords.
2) Why do you want to join us?It sounds very well thought out and I love the extent of history you guys have as a guild. Also, the double lure of rp and pvp is pretty irresistible to me!
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?Creating and immersing oneself in a living storyline. Contributing to the storyline, participating in It, acting out your own story and helping others act out theirs. Oh, and living vicariously through a pixellated man-bull wielding an axe
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?Attachment to the process and not the end result and community spirit.
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you haveOnly on a casual basis, if at all. I was main tank for a guild when I used to play, but serious raiding does not interest me now.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with theseDefinitely interested in all aspects of PvP. I didnít really get into this when I used to play, and I am very keen to learn. Iím particularly interested in world PvP and arena.
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.Takanga Ragetotem, shield-bearer and warrior of the Tauren.
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?I am a warrior of the ShuíHalo and fight for the supremacy of the Horde. I would fight for you on the battlefield to my last breath and die happy, knowing I had done so with honour.
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.I grew up on the plains, travelling from time to time with my family as is the way of our people. From my mother I learned a little of the mysteries of herbalism, from my father I learned the arts of war. That is all.
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?My father taught me his shield art and I have done my best to honour him by perfecting and mastering it. Warriors in our style stand like mountains, bearing shields with unfailing strength and protecting our allies with an impenetrable wall against the attacks of our enemies.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?Hmm. I have no plan. Set me what tasks you see fit, I will let my actions speak for themselves
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?I am a warrior of the Ragetotem tribe!
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?I grow tired of petty skirmishes and mercenary work. I seek brotherhood and a greater purpose.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.None of note, I have been a lone wanderer for hire.
9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.
Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.
Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?Help my friends and allies first without question. If we can then aid the city we will. If we cannot, we mount a resistance against the aggressors.
10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.Of course. Battles are not won by individuals.
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this application form. An officer will be along shortly to take a read, and if successful, you will be contacted in game for an IC interview!