1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
I've been roleplaying since I came to Defias in early TBC, on various characters. Used to be in Orcs of the Red Blade untill I hopped over to Argent Dawn to see if the roleplay was good there. But now I'm back! xD
2) Why do you want to join us?
When I asked other roleplayers about a good mixed race RP guild, the Marauders were mentioned a lot... And I do like mixed race RP.
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
Inventing a rich backstory for your character and reacting to situations in ways they might, but the real you might not.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
Being able to enjoy other people's stories and characters, and supporting their roleplay and plots, not just your own. Not "overdoing" it, so to speak. Being able to play nice with others... Oh, and I suppose one of the most important ones, at least to me, is to not abuse your in-character powers. The way I see it, the more pretend-powerful you make your character, the less you should use that power when interacting with other players. Unless they're OK with it, of course =D
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
I don't want to steal someone's place in a raid or nothin'... Though I do enjoy raiding once in a while, I suppose =) I have a bit of experience in raiding, mostly as healer. But starting with WotLK I've also been tanking a lot. Haven't been DPSing a raid since Molten Core, and I don't intend to start xD
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
My life for the Horde! PvP is happy-happy fun-time! And I -really- need to get the Grunt title from rated battlegrounds! I think I've always been PvPing, though I stopped doing arena sometime mid-wotlk. They just weren't my thing, I think... But battlegrounds are awesome! Especially so when you're with a group of friends \o/
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
Kiro Youngblood, orc grunt. Lok-regar!
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
Swobu! Every day is a good day for fighting, papa always says... Especially if you fight humans! And no one knows how to fight and die like us grunts! My life for the Horde! Victory or death!
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
Mok'ra! I'm Kiro, and I'm a grunt... Uhm... I'm *counts on her fingers* twenty-four summers! Hah, I feel old now... I've been a grunt since I was 16. Papa is a grunt, mama is a grunt... My elder brother is a Kor'kron! I want to be one too, some day, maybe. Anyway! I was born in one of the camps in the Arathi Highlands, though we left there when I was very little. Then we came here! And now we live in Razor Hill. I like it here, but it gets a little dull sometimes... I like it when travelers come by, y'know? 'Cause they got stories... and shiny things... Oooh, shiny...
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
Grunt are the bestest fighters in all of Kalimdor! I mean... All of Azeroth! I mean... Dabu! Lok'tar ogar!! Besides, I've picked up a thing or two over the years. I can fight with an axe or a sword or a spear... And I know how to use a shield too! I'm not the best archer in Razor Hill, not like those elves, but I've beat the blacksmith son like three times! And I beat him up the other times... Heh. Wanna armwrestle?! Anyway, I suppose what makes me so special is... I'm really angry and energetic and fearless! Zug-zug.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
Try me! I'll take you all on, right now! Lok-Narash! Unless you tell me not to. I'm good at following orders. They teach us that from we're very young. The sargeant always tells me I'm too headstrong, and then thumps me on the head... But he's just mad because I managed to run away from him when he wanted to beat me for stealing his food! I mean... Uhm... I'm really strong, dabu? Wanna armwrestle..?
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
You can never have too many orcs! And I don't mind having elves and undead around. I've fought with elflings and corpsemen before! I was in Alterac Valley for a year, and there were lots of elflings and corpsemen there! *smiles and nods* And I'm really handy in a fight!! Ask anybody!
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
I want to see the world! I mean, I've traveled a bit... But not a lot. I've been to Ratchet a few times... and my father used to send me to Mulgore in the summers when I was little... But I want to see other places! Far away places! But also, it would be a good chance to test my fighting skills! Maybe even learn some new things, there has to be some grizzled veterans among you, dabu?
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
Let's see... Grunt, guarding Razor Hill. Then stationed in Alterac Valley, I think I mentioned that. We pushed the front at least fifty yards forward! Then I worked guard duty in Orgrimmar... Then I joined the Red Blade tribe for a while, I don't know if you have heard of them. They're a bit full of themselves... Then I left them, and they tried to kill me, so I lived in the wilds for a year or so. I suppose that's sort of combat-ish experience? I mean... I had to fight a lot of weird things, living in Stoletalon. And hunt, too! Then I went back to Razor Hill again. Mhm mhm. Then I beat up their Varog'gor. She had it coming, she was being mean to me.
9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.
Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.
Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?
Dying in Orgrimmar's defense would be a glorious death... However, dying trying to free my brothers and sisters from Alliance dogs single-handed?! I would never be able to pass on that challenge! Hah! Lok'tar ogar!
10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
Swobu! Grunts are good at following orders. *smiles* And hey, if our superior is a pig-brained moron we can just kill him, no? Just a little? No?