1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
I play a forsaken mage. I have never joined the Cult of Shadow, but on Thursday, I sometimes join the Cult at prayers at deathknell to RP with them.
I sometimes join RPPVP events too with them across Azeroth against the alliance which are always fun and interesting. My RP experience is not perfect but I am extremely enthusiastic about it and I am obviously willing to become more proficient and learn. In fact, these are things I really want to do.
2) Why do you want to join us?
You have a good RP reputation on this guild and a good one in general. I was also invited to join by a number of your recruits who wrote on a thread I once composed a couple of months ago, which further encouraged me to apply.
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
Roleplay is about forgetting who you really are and slipping into the mind of somebody else, who does not exist (in most cases). It allows you and others around you to open your imagination and do things that would not be possible in the real world.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
People who can 'think outside of the box' and completely lose their own emotions and slip into the mindset of something else, leaving them, during that time like a different person who has no hints of their real personality left in them. If that is the route of roleplay chosen at least.
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
My raiding experience is proficient but certainly not hardcore. I have finished most of the older instences. My knowledge of current instances however is limited to raidfinder.
I have completed dragon soul on LFR and the first few LFR for Pandaria. I would however love to raid and become a raider, although it isn't my main goal in WoW. I would be and want to learn however.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
I love PVP. I have done a couple of Arenas, and we were quite successful with these. I often PVP in normal BGs though, and I have become quite proficient on my arcane/frost mage.
I've never done RBGs though, but this is something I am very eager to take part in. As with raiding, these are all things I would love to partake in, and learn more about. I have just never been in the right sort of guild to do these. If you guys do PVP I would love to become more involved in these activities.
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from. My name is Nimstrel, and I am a 2nd generation forsaken, raised by the Valkyre. I hail from northern Lordaeron and I was originally a blood elf who supported the horde, but was murdered in Silvermoon city after the Lich Kinf arrived in the Eastern Kingdoms.
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband? I have full allegiance to the horde. I have more connection with these than the undead witch Sylvanas.
Many of my brethren worship her as some sort of God. But how can they? She hates our warchief and she clearly has ulterior motives towards us. Many just follow her blindly knowing that she would sacrifice them without a second thought or look.
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
I have always dabbled in the arcane. As a child, I visited Dalaran frequently as it wasn't located far. I often read books that should have been beyond my reach.
There were a significant amount of books that should have been out of my reach, such as summoning demons, killing and contolling them. This topic fascinated me and still does today. I shot my first firebolt at the age of 14 causing a little damage to our farmland. By age 20 I had summoned a demon. I used one when the Lich King arrived here.
It was very dangerous but it did help me stay alive longer than I probably should have. Had I not been brought up in the arcane, I would certainly have become a warlock.
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
I used to specialise in fire magic, and learnt a vast amount of destructive spells which were both powerful and dangerous. Today I have branched out into the frost and arcane arts. However, despite not being a big user of fire magic now, I have still remembered the important ones which I can cast while moving which has proved invaluable when I have to move at the same time.
I prefer frost magic now, having utliised a number of snares which keep my enemies routed while I shatter them to pieces. Because of my vast knowledge of spells I can use while moving,
I can keep myself and the team safe in the sight of advancing enemies. I can also hail down bliizards, fire storms and arcane explosions.
5) I may appear weak, but I have knowledge of a plethora of extremely powerful destructive, defensive, and very importantly for me, shield spells which protect me from the strongest while I blast my enemies into pieces.
I am a strong advocate of Garrosh and my loyalty is to the horde, not Sylvanas. You can count on me to protect our clan and not betray you to others with the likes of Sylvanas.
6)I am strong minded and powerful. I never give up, even if it would result in death like it has for me before. I am a team player and I think about the whole team, and not just my own survival.
You can count on me to obey orders and do as I am told. I will not tolerate any bullying and I will prove myself to be a respectful and honorable member of the team, despite what the stereotype of the forsaken show otherwise.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
I have lacked direction for many years. Drifting to and from people. I have never joined an honorable warband who command respect like you all do. I wish to contribute to our society and make our horde stronger in the growing danger we face AND pose to the alliance. I can be counted on to help further our cause.
8 )I have never won any formal titles, but I have raided many older building and foes with ease. My experience of more current foes and threats is somewhat low as I have not had the opportunity to vanquish these.
I have entered many battlegrounds, but not many of much note. I am extremely experienced in combat, but I have not had the opportunity to fight in many of the advanced theatres of war.
However, I would love to help with these and learn more about the skills required to partake in such honours.
9) In all cases, I must aid my capital city. After being killed, my emotions, for some reason or another have become much less prominent in my mind and as such, I can think much more clearly without my personal grievances coming in the way. If I were still alive, I would almost certainly be compelled to help my friends.
The reality is however that the capital city must be saved. If this is lost, then almost all is. The horde needs its main base to project power and keep the enemy from building momentum and morale. If our capital is lost. Vast amounts of our men and citizens will be murdered. if this happens, not only will most of our supplies be stolen, used; the morale of our men will be severely hindered, further weakening us and making surrender or suicide a real threat. Protect the capital at all costs.
10) As I have said before, I am a team player, despite being able to and often working alone. I understand that this warband commands respect, and respect it I shall. I know where my loyalty is, and it is not to the treacherous Sylvanas. You can count on me to contribute and respect,starting to the lowliest of privates, and not expecting any sort of promotion. I fight for the dominance of the horde. I want to to remain strong in the face of the alliance dogs who would wish to annihilate us. You can count on me to follow and execute orders and people. Whether it be in Azeroth or Outland. I will fight to the death, again, as I have already done.