1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
Answer: I have never played RP, but have thought of joining a RP-Guild tons of times. I think RP seems awesome. I do know about OOC and IC though, but am more than willing to learn more.
2) Why do you want to join us?
Answer: I have spoken with your Stormseer “Hikká” for a few months now and have received some facts about Shatterskull Marauders through him. To me it sounds like a guild I want to be a part of, especially with the RBG-teams you are working on at the moment. I only do PvP, but would be more than willing to join a few raids from time to time.
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
Answer: The important in roleplay, if you ask me, is that you have thought about following:
1. Who is your character. What is his personality.
2. What is the background of your character.
When playing RP you will take on a mask and play through that mask. You must have some sort of a storyline to live by in-game.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
Answer: A player who understand the meaning of roleplay, respect it and play by it.
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
Answer: I won’t raid much. I maybe could join in from time to time, but my primary game lies within the PvP. I was 100% PVE back in WOTLK and raided back then, but haven’t raided much since.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
Answer: I started doing PvP when I grew tired on PvE. I have done a lot of BG’s, but I do not have much experience with RBG. I have done some though. I have played a lot arenas.
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
Answer: My name is Fárandir, born and raised as a Blood Elf of Silvermoon.
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
Answer: My loyality lies with the Horde. I will live and die for the sake of the warband and the Horde.
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
Answer: I left Silvermoon while still quite young after The Scourge invaded my home. 75% of my people was slaughtered including my whole family. I had nothing left. Nothing but rage and bloodlust inside of me. I felt an urge for revenge and my wrath was pointed towards the Lich King and his Scourge. I joined the forces that were fighting against the Lich King and fought by their side the following years. At the end Lich King was defeated and my objective completed.
Afterwards I felt empty with no home, no family and no goals. I started doing mercenary work and doing quests for the people of Azeroth, travelling throughout the whole world and became known by some tongues as “The Explorer”.
When Cataclysm was upon us, I was summoned by the Horde to serve in battle. Though I was imprisoned by the Alliance for most of the time Deathwing sieged our world, I was able to escape at last and aid the forces of our faction in the final battle for our world against Deathwing.
Since then I have been attending most to the bottle at the inns and keeping my skills up as gladiator in the “Arenas”. And I have been doing some more mercenary work too, but mostly arena fights.
Besides of that I am an excellent enchanter and skinner, if you ask me. It keeps putting bread and wine on the table.
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
Answer: My family legacy tracks back to generations of hunters. My father teaches me the mastery of bows and arrows, aswell as becoming almost invisible to the eye and silent as a leaf in the winds. I was also taught to respect and honor the nature of Azeroth, aswell as all animals within. Through the ancient skill of “Beast Mastery” I’ve become able to tame the very spirit of Ban’thalos itself, aiding me through various battles.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
Answer: I will not stand back for a good fight. Even if I often lack of energy in the morning hours due to hangovers, you still have to be swift to best me. If the warband calls for my aid, I will be ready.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
Answer: I have learned much from life and I have learned much from this world. But one thing I’ve learned that weights more than anything else is honor. I will fight as a true companion of the warband, and through glorious battlegrounds prove my righteous seat at your ranks.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
Answer: The ranks of the warband is where I belong. The spirit of yours seem very familiar to me and that is the reason for my application.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
Answer: I have fought many battles during the past years. I have aided through the siege of the Lich King and also some while the encounter of Deathwing was upon us. Besides of that I have caused much blood through the arranged battlegrounds and arenas.
9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.
Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.
Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?
Answer: Many years has passed since I had a place to call my capital city or home. Wounds have become scars, scars have become memories. But here is what I would do:
As I told earlier, I actually was imprisoned by The Alliance during the Cataclysm. By heavy planning I succeeded on getting free, sneak and cut-throat me out of the dungeon. I would use the very same tactics on freeing my fellow companions, so that we together could feast on the glorious battle at the gates of the besieged city. I would never turn my back on my friends, but I would never be able to look into the mirror, if I had sacrificed thousands of innocent souls, because I chose not to aid the besieged city. If I only had the option to aid my friends OR the city with thousands of residents, I would aid the city. I would aid the city believing, that my friends would have done the very same thing.
Personally I would die with peace on my mind, if I knew I died for a greater purpose, a purpose like my friends being able to rescue a whole city and its inhabitants. I would be honored and I would die well knowing, that I would die, so that others may live.
10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
Answer: I will respect the hierarchy of the warband as well as the word of the officers within.
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this application form. An officer will be along shortly to take a read, and if successful, you will be contacted in game for an IC interview!