OUT OF CHARACTER
As we are a roleplaying guild, we will only take those applicants on who are enthusiastic about RP. You don't have to be a lore know-it-all, or turn into a walking dictionary to join us however some basic knowledge is prefered. The Marauders however wont hesitate to educate you on what you need, considering you're willing to learn! We do also offer a raid team, and a PvP team that you will have the chance to join if you are accepted into the Marauders.
1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
I've been pretty much into the RP community of Defias Brotherhood since WOTLK (with a few breaks from WoW) I've been in several guilds across the years, most recently I am apart of Wild Tempest on my Main (Swatti Oilgear Tinkerbolt) I would consider myself a somewaht experienced in RP, and I hope that you will agree when you get to see me in action (if I know any of you on Swatti then hey!)
2) Why do you want to join us?
I really really really want a reason to RP goblin again. I also would like to get some friends on the horde side aswell
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
To make stories in the game, where I am playing a part as anything I want to like a thug, a guard, a mage or even a politician.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
A good roleplayer can be serious and still have fun, bieng overly heroic or evil is somewhat of a turn off, it can easily turn into a horrible experience for everyone involved. A good roleplayer also knows his or her charecter's mind and feelings and they can play on them.
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
perhaps someday, but for now I just wanna RP
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
most likely not, but who knows
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
Well... can't you see I'm a bloody goblin? anyway my name is Gerklin, Gerklin "Goldstorm" Garlok
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
My father used to say; if there is pay at the end of the day, I'll fight my bloody pants off
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
well... I am a shaman of sorts, I come from Kezan, you know before the explosions and the dragon and all that, as I said I practice shamanism, I have used my magic to aid the horde ever since that dimwit Gallywox or whatever his name signed us up with the horde *a few moments pass and Gerklin suddendly understands what he said* uhm... not that I don't like the horde! I just don't like Gallywax that's all. Anyway I worked with the Bilgewater Cartel on the entire Azshara thing, you know I was the one who got the idea of making it look like a horde banner. (just wanted to mention that I'm lying here, Gerklin just oversells himself alittle, just so you know that I do not say that I did it ICly) Anyway I have helped the Earthern ring rebuild the world lately, but I am getting tired of free work. So if you'r looking for a Goblin worth his ears then look no futher for I am Gerklin "Goldstorm" Garlok, and I am ready to serve! *salute*
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
Well I am a Shaman, I bend the will of nature to that of my own, I am rather skilled, I have been working in this sort of field since I was a young adult.
Some may think my size is a weakness, but not many humen has been standing for long when I smash their kneecaps in with either of my mighty hammers. *Gerklin pats one of the tow large hammers hanging from his belt*
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
Give me any Allaince scum and I'll prove my might cannot be matched by their puny weak arms and their steel, some may think of us Goblins as cowards, but I have yet to cower away under a rock when there is a job to be done!
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
*looks at his green arm for a moment before he understands the question* Uhm... I can fight, I can throw lightning bolts out of my hands and I am a good and loyal soldier, not much more to it than that I suppose.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
I am looking for a decent job with proper pay, and I miss fighting, there is not much in the way of fighting when you'r helping the Earthern ring rebuild the world, only angry elementals and crazed cultists that are yet to discover that they lost the war.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
Now that you mention it I haven't really ever been in an "army" I've been a bruiser in a company once. Back on Kezan I did some "taking care of buisness" work, that included collecting payments and the sort, I've fought alot in my life but never been in an army, well count me as eager then
9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.
Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.
Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?
Hard question, Gerklin would most likely rethink the situaction, and most likely go for his friends, since there is no way he is going to be much help alone, but in numbers he might have a shot at saving his city
10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
Gerklin is the kind of Goblin who knows his place and will stay there until he is told outherwise, he is very much willing to do his best to have the job done the quickest and the least painful. To make it short, Gerklin dosen't have a hard time understanding that thoes with a higher rank is the boss.
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this application form. An officer will be along shortly to take a read, and if successful, you will be contacted in game for an IC