OUT OF CHARACTER
1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
I was a member of several RP guilds going back through the history of the Scarshield Legion server - Firesong Legion until it's collapse, Brotherhood of Exiles until it merged with another guild to become the Ashen Order. I was in Ashen Order until its eventual collapse due to inactivity. I took a break from roleplay at that point, but have now transferred to Defias Brotherhood in order to get back into it!
2) Why do you want to join us?
I want to join a vibrant community and have an opportunity to get back into RP!
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
Being able to immerse myself in the world that I am playing in - experiencing it!
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
Moderation, in a word. The ability to know when you need to step back from a situation to avoid god moding and when the action you are trying to take is too extreme. I have seen a lot of RPers take it too far, I have seen people have their characters killed or removed from action without being consulted and I feel that the ability to avoid this and respect for others makes a good roleplayer.
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
I would most likely be interested in this. I have had experience in raiding mainly with my previous guilds: With Ashen Order I completed original ZG and half of Molten Core when it was current content as a rogue, Karazhan and Magtheridon's Lair as a rogue, The Lich King (10) and Halion (10) as a Death Knight. In Cataclysm I killed Nefarion, Cho'Gall and Al'Akir in 10 man and the first couple of bosses in Firelands on my Death Knight before leaving the game until after the release of Mists.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
PvP is not a personal favourite of mine. I would take part in normal BG groups but would be worried about holding back a RBG group with my terrible pvp skills!
7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
On the DB official realm forums.
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
Cooshin the Stormcaller - Pandaren Wanderer
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
Despite being more spiritually inclined I am more than capable of handling myself in combat and willing to lend my aid wherever it is needed.
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
I am a spiritual Pandaren, from a young age I devoted my life to achieving harmony with the elements in order to better know myself and the world as I peered out from the Wandering Isle, seeking to protect it. With the appearance of the Horde on my home I was brought to the sharp realisation that I was not nearly prepared for the dangers of the world as I was. To this end I joined the Horde and trained anew. I communed with the spirits and heightened my senses. I know my strengths but I also know my limits and it makes me stronger. I am now ready to take up the reins for the Horde to lay claim to my ancestral homeland.
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
Like most Shaman I have some command over the elements, enough to aid me in combat. I am also capable of weaving healing spells in order to heal my comrade's wounds and of obtaining information about the past by examining the earth, cryptic as that information may be. My portly build makes agile movement more difficult, however.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
I am happy to prove my worth by any means necessary, be it by attending training or through getting to know the members of the warband.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
I am a centred, spiritual pandaren, though can be ferocious in my own right. I feel that this makes me appropriate for the warband if nothing else.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
I want to prove myself and fit in within the Horde. I want to bring glory to my race and claim my ancestral homeland.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
My race is new to the Horde and I am not long off the island. I have had no experience in your wars, though I have learned of them from the land itself.
9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.
Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.
Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?
Rushing blindly into either situation is rash. The decision lies with making a large difference to a small number of people or a small difference to the many that live in the capital. I would choose my comrades over the capital as it is much more likely that the city will hold while failing to act in saving my comrades will cause them a quick death.
10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
I am. I know how to swallow my pride when necessary.
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this application form. An officer will be along shortly to take a read, and if successful, you will be contacted in game for an IC interview!