1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
I've been rping since I began WoW in early TBC, since then I've rp'd at one point every Horde race and a variety of classes, and also many Alliance races.
After a few years of playing WoW I needed a break and went to swtor, where I became a high ranking officer in a Sith rp guild, but I eventually burnt out on that game,
and returned to WoW to resume rping my beloved orc warrior
2) Why do you want to join us?
With all the recent advances in the Alliance vs Horde story, I've been looking for a good place where my orc can make himself at home!
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
To play the role of your self created character to take part in pretty awesome adventures and plots!
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
An understanding of the lore, sticking to realism, (Or what is realistic in the setting) and understanding sometimes, less is more, that to fantastical stories may not be as
great as a more controlled, realistic character.
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
Whilst I myself am not a dedicated raider, and didn't raid at all in TBc or Cata, I did raid primarily though wotlk with my rp guild, being an off-tank in most raids, a main if the current mt could not make it.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
I have a great love for pvp (Though I can guarantee how could I am!) Sadly, I don't know if I'll have the time to dedicate myself to serious pvp such as arena and RBG
7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
I simply looked around upon my return to WoW a month ago and a friend of mine reccomended you should I want some good action for my orc!
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
Gol'haka the Younger, proud warrior of the Warsong Clan. As you can see, I am an orc
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
In the name of the Horde and Hellscream, I shall massacre the Alliance, and paint the land red with their blood. Even if it means my own blood shall spill! My life for the Horde!
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
I was born but only a year after the Horde, the first Horde, invaded Azeroth. I did not see my homeworld in all it's beauty, though my father told me many stories.
I did not see the combat of the First and Seconds Wars, though after the Warsong Clan escaped into Azeroth, it was with them I stayed, surviving with Grom Hellscream and the rest of the clan in the forests and mountains or Lordaeron. This was my life, until, as you must know the story, our scouts found a young orc named Thrall... The rest is history, so they say. I have served the Horde faithfully ever since! I do not have much in the ways of hobbies, I am usually on the battlefield, or training.
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
I've been fighting with blades all my life, as one would expect an orc of the Warsong too. Two-handed axes, swords, or duel wielding, I can murder Alliance with all. Unique? Pagh! Very few are ever unique, but I'm skilled, determined, and loyal to the Horde. That is all you need.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
Quite simple, I'll obey your orders. I have no doubt doing this will provide me ample chance to prove my strength, obedience and courage.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
I'm a proud, loyal soldier of the Horde, I know my strengths and weaknesses, and can give my life for the Horde's cause.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
To serve the Horde next to prestigious, proud like minded warriors.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
I served in the War in the North, from the initial landing party to returning home, and I fought in the Third War, alongside my brothers and sisters in Ashenvale, and then again on Hyjal. Since these events I've served as best I can in the army, in the aftermath of the Catacylsm and since we landed on Pandaria in force.
9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.
Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.
Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?
I have no delusions that my singular presence would change the flow of the battle. On the otherhand, should I be able to liberate my allies, we could ride and add far more numbers to the defense of the city. Risky, but it is the honourable, and the sensible thing to do.
10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
As loyally as I follow the Warchief, I shall obey the command of those that outrank me.