1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
I did a fair bit between vanilla and WotLK on Scarshield Legion, then moved to AD for Cata and never really got into it there, which I'm hoping to change now I'm on Defias Brotherhood.
2) Why do you want to join us?
I like multi-racial RP guilds and especially ones that don't neglect the other areas of the game. The fact that you've lasted years when most guilds die from a drama overdose long before that is a good sign too.
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
Getting into your character's head, immersing yourself in WoW and being creative with other people.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
Creativity, maturity, a decent knowledge of and respect for the lore and the ability to remember that at the end of the day we're just pretending to be little green men on the internet.
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
Raiding is fun now and then and I did it casually in vanilla through to WotLK, but I’m not much of a raider. Don’t have the attention span.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
I do a lot of random BGs and I love world PVP, but I’ve never tried RBGs or arena. They seem a little hardcore for me, but I’d like to give them a go.
7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
Read about you while guild scouting on the forums, and I've seen you around in game.
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
“Dhakarna, or Dhaka. Orc. Obviously.”
While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
“For the Horde, I already do, and I’ll fight just as well for your warband.”
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
"I’m a warlock. I like ale, gold, strength and power. I dislike hypocrites, idiots, humans and the old. I was born on Draenor but I remember nothing of it and care less. I was a shaman once, that didn’t work out. I serve the Horde and my people better as a warlock than I ever did haggling with elementals. Is that enough?”
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
“I'm not some weak human wench, but if you expect me to charge in with an axe you'll be disappointed. I’m a warlock. Fire and shadow are my weapons, and I use them better than any axe-waving grunt.”
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
“By being strong, brave and obedient, how else? But any whelp can say that. I’ll prove myself, don’t worry.”
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
“I’ll work with any race of the Horde without complaint…without much complaint, and I won’t balk when you ask me to get my hands dirty. Warlocks with weak bellies don’t live long.”
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
“My spells are no good for peon work. You fight the Alliance, and word from the Jade Forest is you’re good at it. I like that.”
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
“When I was fresh out of the Valley of Trials I helped root out the Burning Blade in Durotar. No rank or role there, the grunts didn’t want it known they had a warlock’s help. I’ve done a little mercenary work, and I was part of the first Horde landing on Pandaria.”
9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.
Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture. Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid. Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken. There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts. Time is growing short. Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?
“I’m supposed to say the city, aren’t I? Or my allies…can I make a difference in the city? The city, then. My allies should be able to look after themselves!
10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
“The Horde couldn’t work without a hierarchy, it has to be respected. Even if that sometimes means taking orders from witless grunts who’d be better…ugh. Yes, I’m prepared for that.”