OUT OF CHARACTER
As we are a roleplaying guild, we will only take those applicants on who are enthusiastic about RP. You don't have to be a lore know-it-all, or turn into a walking dictionary to join us however some basic knowledge is prefered. The Marauders however wont hesitate to educate you on what you need, considering you're willing to learn! We do also offer a raid team, and a PvP team that you will have the chance to join if you are accepted into the Marauders.
1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
I’ve had a lot of experience with RP, I’ve been an officer in an RP guild for a time. I used to RP a lot around the generl RP ‘hubs’ and such, though after a few... interesting... encounters with a few... Interesting people... I’ve become somewhat more withdrawn where I RP. Mostly I RPed around my old guild base with members of that guild. I’ve been to a few Horde gatherings, taken part in the RP-PvP events and such. Overall, I’ve been Rping for around three years.
Why do you want to join us?
I’ve heard the guild mentioned, and read good things about it. It seems to fit my character well and I’d like to just be involved.
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
To create a story. But not only do you just read it as if in a book, you play the characters, and the story evolves with you, as does your character. You speak in say, emote what your characters actions and what not. Act your character as if the world were real.
What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
Someone who knows enough lore so they’re making sense with the background and actions of their character. You don’t have to write fancy emotes or anything, just the basics, like grammer, spelling...
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
Raiding’s not really my thing, but if you’d need me to lend a hand I’d be happy to. I really dont have much experience raiding though, as I say, its not really for me.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
I do like PvP. I’ve not got much experience with RBGs, but I’d like to get more involved in them. I’ve done a few 2vs2 arenas with a friend. Im not great at PvP, but I enjoy it.
7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
I saw a few of you in-game, and got interested. I had a look on these forums, and some friends have told me things about the Marauders.
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
“My name is Rhyario Dawnfury. I’m Sin’dorei.”
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
“Aye. That I am. When I die, I want it to be with a sword in my hand, and a song on my lips.”
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
“Well... I like to think I’m a good man... My friend, Kenny, poor little guy was up to his eyeballs in gambling debts... I had a few spare coins... So I helped him out. I travel and such with him now... My hobbies... I train for hours a day with my sword. I’m not the brightest of elves but, I can sure use a sword!”
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
“I’m good with a sword. I train everyday with it. I’m not half bad unarmed either. Punched a guys teeth out once... Bloody hurt my hand though...”
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
“Anything you can throw at me, I can take that, times ten. Throw me in the middle of a raging battle, and I’ll cut my way out, screaming the Marauders name all the while. I never disobeyed my elders, or my father when he taught me the sword. I’ll be just as obedient with the Marauders.”
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
“I’m brave... Strong... Loyal. I’m not afraid of the enemy, no matter who they are. You throw me at Deathwing himself, and I’ll do my best to rip his face off for a trophy.”
Why do you wish to join the warband?
“I want something to fight for. A cause. A purpose. I want to fight for glory and honor! The singers will write songs about how bravely I fought for the Marauders!”
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
“War experience? None... Yet. I hope to change that with the Marauders. I’ve had plenty of experience with smaller battles. One on ones, and skirmishes. Things like that.”
9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.
Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.
Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?
“I would want to help my friends but... My duty would be to help my city... I would ride to my city. My friends can be rescued once the city is saved. Duty and honor must come before my personal wants.”
10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
“Of course! Duty. Honor. Obedience. These are key. I’d never disobey an order. My father made sure I knew the proper way to address my superiors. My opinions don’t matter when I’m given an order. If you ask me to jump, I’ll ask you how high.”