OUT OF CHARACTER1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
I started RPing a little while after I transferred to Defias Brotherhood in October of 2009. Since then I have been/still am a member of the following guilds (there may be some others that I have forgotten about):
-Old Town Syndicate
-Second Gurubashi Empire
-Dwarven Rifle Squad (The Three Hammers)
Please note that this is my first Orc AND Death Knight character, so I have yet to learn the ins and outs of this combination.2) Why do you want to join us?
I was originally planning on joining a pure PvP guild, but then the RPer in me started formulating a story for this character, so here I am now. I have heard nothing but praise for this guild, so I think you will deliver good results.3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
Taking on the role and persona of a character that is not your own. Acting, in essence.
It's a pretty complicated concept so there's more to it like creating stories, predicting how something would react, and creativity to work within the boundaries set by Blizzard.4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
The ability to do what I mentioned in response to Question 3 well. Other guidelines also apply (i.e refrain from god emoting, etc. etc.).5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have?
It's a possibility. I have done casual PUG raiding mostly.
I am more interested in PvP, however.6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these?
Yes. I do not have much 'official' experience like dedicated arena play or RBGs. The extent of my experience is a BG every now and then, and the occasional RP-PvP event. That said, I have become interested in this aspect of the game (probably at the wrong time, what with the state of PvP as it is) and the prospect of a dedicated RP-PvP guild is great news to me.7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
My first encounter with SSM was in character while defending Dun Garok as a Dwarf of The Three Hammers. All information I happened to gather (from forums, guild chat, etc.) has been linked to that.
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.I am Sarokhan. All evidence points to me being of Orcish blood.
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?Yes.
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.I am a freed Death Knight. Over the course of my slavery under the Scourge, all recollection of my past has been torn away. I seek redemption through rediscovering my personal history (things to the effect of; Was I born on Azeroth or Draenor? What clan was I a part of?) and taking retributory action against those who have dared wrong the Horde.
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?Much like others of my kind I am swift and deadly in combat. I choose to sharpen my strikes with frost and further strengthen my arms with Unholy. I can obliterate enemies with frigid power, or given enough corpses, I can raise an army of ghouls to serve as bait or cannon fodder. Foes who gaze into my eyes long enough will feel their warmth pulled from their bodies and replaced by cold metal.
Amongst these powers bestowed upon me also lie the possibilities of torture and inquisition, should the need ever arise.
5) We as a warband are not fond of cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?These 'undesirable' traits have been flogged from my psyche and left in tatters on the cold stones of Acherus. Should you hold some doubts despite this, you are free to observe me as I go into battle.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?I am a formidable combatant. My personal tactics are more fit for a warband than a rank-and-file army.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?I believe that while an organized army is essential to the survival of a nation, there are other aspects that are required. One of these aspects are the warbands. As mentioned previously, my strengths mold more to the workings of a warband than an army… Perhaps reflecting the Orcish tradition of raiders and wolfriders.
There is another, more personal reason. As I wrote earlier, I have forgotten much of my past. I believe that a warband with members of varying backgrounds and professions may be a great aid to my search.
We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.As stated previously, I have no recollection of whether or not I fought wars in life. However, under the Scourge I fought their unholy battles, led swarms of ghouls and other abominations, and razed many a town, all against my will. Through my obedience I rose to the rank of lieutenant before I was transported to Acherus, and eventually freed at the Battle for Light's Hope Chapel. I did not retain the title in the Ebon Blade order.
9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.
Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.
Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?In my time under the Scourge, those who did not return from a skirmish with the Death Knights who rode with them were severely punished. This training has ingrained this mentality into my mind. In this situation, upon finding that my comrades were missing, I would immediately ride to find them and bring them back to safety before rushing to aid the defence of the capital.
10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.I believe I have made it quite clear. Yes.