OUT OF CHARACTER
1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)I have been playing WoW for 5 years now, in RP guilds from the very start. I currently have a number of characters scattered across RP guilds on a number of realms. Outside of WoW I play D&D regularly and have been playing single-player RPGs (Elderscrolls etc.) for the last 15-ish years. I have also taken part in a number of pen-and-paper RP storylines.
2) Why do you want to join us?I have recently realm-transferred this character (my main) to Defias Brotherhood after rolling a couple of characters here to see what the RP/activeness of the realm was like. I am looking for a role-playing guild and also for active players Ė I have been sitting for too long in empty guilds on dead servers! You advert in the guild-finder tool interested me, then I Googled around a bit and came across this website and your guild advert thread on the DB realm forums, and it sounds like a fantastic guild.
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?Taking on the persona of your character; talking, acting and reacting to situations as your character would. Trying to remain in-character wherever possible and also endeavouring to have your character behave within the bounds of WoW-lore. (Sorry, Iím a bit of a stickler for not flaunting your undead minion in the face of the guards of Stormwind, or RP-ing having vampire bats burst from your chest while you are seated on the back of a dragon in Silvermoon *shudder*)
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?Abiding by (as far as possible), my answer to 3). Also, not disrupting othersí RP. Everyone does their own thing, itís not cool to stomp all over it ICly without OOC permission If it doesnít fit with how you want to RP, ignore and move on (this seems contrary to my comments about abiding by the Lore as far as possible, but I can't abide RP-snobbery!) Also, though I understand that this IS a PVP realm, it's not cool to disrupt RP with unwanted PVP. Sorry, I'll stop ranting now.
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you haveI would love to be part of a raiding team. My experience thus far (coming from a vastly underpopulated realm and being in an RP guild rather than a raiding guild) has been limited to raidfinder mainly, but I am willing to learn. Also, I know standing in fire is bad, and I know where my petís Growl toggle is!
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with theseAgain, I would love to! So far my PvP experience with this character has been random battlegrounds. I would love to try arena but am quite shy! If anyone is willing to try one with me and not yell at me for dying, then allís good
7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)Guild finder tool Ė> Google -> Defias Brotherhood realm forums -> this website!
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.Reyena Sunrage, Sinídorei.
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?On both counts, yes. I may requiret some confirmation on what is meant by "for the sake of the Horde", but that's a different matter.
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.By profession I am a cartographer and engineer. My parents, both explorers, were lost in their airship somewhere over Northrend several years ago, and despite my searching I have not yet found trace of them. I am currently carrying on their cartographical work until I find either them or the evidence of their demise. My income currently is mainly from undertaking exploration and map-making expeditions, acting as a guide to those who will pay for protection while venturing into unchartered areas, and from selling my various gizmos and inventions. I eventually intend to devote my time entirely to my engineering business.
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?Since a very early age I have been trained in the art of tracking and scouting and have some considerable skill with bow and, if stealth is not required, with gun. If stealth REALLY isnít required, you can find fewer with greater skill in rigging traps and explosive devices.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?By showing none of them at any stage.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?It seems to me that you are looking for strong, able-bodied, loyal members of the Horde to fight against the Alliance and other threats. I can do this.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?Mostly, because Iím lacking in a whole lot of other jobs right now. Something to keep my skills polished and provide a bed for the night and someone to watch my back sounds like a good deal. Donít take this the wrong way Ė Iím as loyal to a cause as they come, just donít look for any deep-seated waffle from me about why I want a job.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role. - Various mercenary groups - scout/cartographer (roles included scouting and mapping enemy territory, rigging traps, some sniping experience, air-ground combat)
- Sunrage Tours Ė guide (own company. Role included protecting clients from various unfriendly natives/beasties; piloting various land, sea and air-vehicles; repairs to all of the above; air-ground combat)
9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.
Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.
Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?
This is not a moral question, it is simply a logical problem. One person cannot hope to break a siege on a city (or rather, one COULD, however not without substantial firepower. As this wasnít mentioned in the brief, I will assume that a large volume of gunpowder is not available and answer to this effect) so therefore to divert course to help the city under siege would result in nothing better than my own death, followed swiftly by the death of my friends due to their non-rescue, followed by the continued siege (and probable fall) of the city without any of them being any the wiser of my ill-conceived rescue attempt. The most logical course of action would be to attempt to rescue my friends and allies first. With their safety thus ensured, we could regroup and Ė if feeling particularly suicidal Ė attempt then to aid the capital. Perhaps at this stage a more sensible option would be to try to rally aid from other towns and villages, or to build the aforementioned munitions and THEN attempt to break the siege. Or, depending on the state of the cityís defences at this time, divert our attentions and our firepower to a nearby Alliance settlement.
10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.Respect where respect is due. I understand the need for discipline, however I will not follow a fool.
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this application form. An officer will be along shortly to take a read, and if successful, you will be contacted in game for an IC interview!