OUT OF CHARACTER
As we are a roleplaying guild, we will only take those applicants on who are enthusiastic about RP. You don't have to be a lore know-it-all, or turn into a walking dictionary to join us however some basic knowledge is prefered. The Marauders however wont hesitate to educate you on what you need, considering you're willing to learn! We do also offer a raid team, and a PvP team that you will have the chance to join if you are accepted into the Marauders.
1) Please note any RP experience you have
- Extensive D&D Experience
- Star Trek Online (Still play it on and off, prefer my KDF character to the super-happy Federation side)
- A few communities on Second Life, ranging from Medieval/Fantasy through to Colonial era.
2) Why do you want to join us?
I am looking for a like minded group of people who are willing to immerse themselves whole in the lore of Warcraft, as well as a nice bit of escapism!
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
The ability to enter a character and act out that character through his or her eyes, like putting on a mask and becoming a different entity entirely.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
Someone with imagination, creative talent and also the ability to realise that all characters have flaws. Being able to portray both the positive and negative aspects of a character is vital to a successful and rich experience
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
I raided a lot in WotLK and to be honest it's not a priority for me anymore, I would if needed but I'm happy fishing and lazily levelling up.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
PvP can be good fun, I just try not to focus on it.
7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
Advertising in Ogrimmar.
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
Jarilo, Tauren of Thunder Bluff
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
My people prefer peace over conflict, the path I have chosen is to uphold that peace through the power of An'she. If conflict is required to keep it intact, then so be it.
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
I am the younger of two brothers, my elder sibling Curahee is a druid in service to Cenarius. Our family is bestowed with the title of his protectors. I, however, chose to follow the more martial path of the Sunwalkers. While the power of nature is indeed fearsome, sometimes it is the power of the axe and the sun, that drives resolution and keeps our people safe.
Currently, I am ridding Northrend of the undead, culling their vast numbers through the blessings of An'she and the will of the Earth Mother. It is a thankless, and hard task that offers little in the way of rest. On the limited downtime I do have, I enjoy fishing and a good read.
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
Few can wield the power of the Sun. Even fewer can wield it while battering down defenses with a shield or charging into the fray with a double headed battleaxe. I am also well versed in the arts of healing, using the will of An'she to cure even the gravest of wounds.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
If I am required to display my true colours through bravado and open warfare then so be it. However, I can prove myself through protection, and through the healing of us that are wounded and sick. I would do the same for any, friend or foe, that truly needed aid. I have no need for disobedience or cowardice, for they are enemies of order and duty.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
You fight, you bleed and you die. I can make you bleed a little less, and hopefully avoid the latter completely. Besides, a plate wearing Tauren tends to ward off all but the most fearsome of foes.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
It costs me a fortune in repair bills roaming alone, and to be frank I need a source of income. I am not a blacksmith, nor an enchanter or something else that pays well. All I can offer are my loyalty and my blade, but it is yours for a steady paycheck. I will be clear that reward alone is not what I am interested in, I do not seek wild riches, just enough to sustain myself.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
I have not had the opportunity to serve beyond the guardsman of Thunder Bluff. The wanderlust has taken me far beyond what I would have considered my home grounds, and while I have learned a lot about the art of combat I have not served as part of a cohesive military unit for some time.
9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.
Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.
Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?
My allies and my friends know why we fight. We fight to protect our homes and the way of the Horde. I would expect those that fight by me to understand that we may be called upon to die to save our homes.
I would not hesitate to ride to the aid of our city, and If the situation is reversed then I would never allow someone to put me before the needs of the many.
10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
I understand completely and I am duty bound to accept it.
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this application form. An officer will be along shortly to take a read, and if successful, you will be contacted in game for an IC interview!