OUT OF CHARACTER
As we are a roleplaying guild, we will only take those applicants on who are enthusiastic about RP. You don't have to be a lore know-it-all, or turn into a walking dictionary to join us however some basic knowledge is prefered. The Marauders however wont hesitate to educate you on what you need, considering you're willing to learn! We do also offer a raid team, and a PvP team that you will have the chance to join if you are accepted into the Marauders.
1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
I've been roleplaying for four years I believe. I've been across many servers, many guilds (which I still am in contact with), and I've even dipped my roleplaying experience in many other MMO's.
2) Why do you want to join us?
I've been wanting to join a roleplaying community now that I'm not raiding full-time anymore. My alt's guild ended up splitting up, and I'm the kind of person who does not enjoy solitude in games. I've also seen members of the Shatterskulls around some times, and I've always wondered how it is to be in such a large-scale community of roleplayers.
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
To be in character. To stand in the shoes of a different person in a different universe. Living a life in a totally different environment, with a completely different story behinde everything that exists. (I know, I'm very deep.)
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
Well, as stated in the previous answer, I think it is about being able to step inside another pair of shoes, and live a fictional person's life, while getting used to different environments.
Also knowing abit about the world as you'd do IRL, like having knowlege about your own race, different places in the world, and how different cultures act to eachother.
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
As I mentioned, I am "Done" with raiding, atleast for a while. But should the time come when you'll need a rogue with raiding experience, I'll gladly farm some PvE gear and take place in a raiding team.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
I really do enjoy PvP. And I can gladly take part of any teams/groups with the knowlege I have of being in high-rated arena teams in my past. I have never really tried any serious RBG's yet.
7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
Well, while talking to a couple of friends about what goes on in the in-game life, I've bumped into the Shatterskulls a couple of times. And as I said, I've seen shatterskulls both when I was IC, and OOC. I've also heard about it while in a Orcs of the Red Blade channel.
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
Exolth Dawnshatter, Sin'Dorei. (Blood Elf)
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
I am fully willing to lend aid in any battle, while under the banner of Shatterskulls, and The Horde. When I'm already out in a fight I will always give it my onehoundred precent.
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
Well, to start off, I do not have any accurate number of age. As when the Sunwell exploded I suffered from a very dire case of Amnesia. So before that I do not have any memory. I've only been able to dig up some small shards of past memory by scavanging documents, diaries and other things of the sort. I was under learning to become a arcanist, and that I was in a wealthy familly with three sisters and two parents. That's all in the past now, as there aren't any familly members around that I know about, and I have nothing but small fragments of incantations taught by the arcanist mentor. Now all I am is a un-wealthy elf only looking to earn a living, and share good moments with friends and comrades.
Recently I've been pulling out of Silvermoon, and started living in Kalimdor, for very personal reasons.
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
I've always been a man of axes, fists, and shadows. I'm known to risk many things to get the job done, wether it be a job requiring me to go un-noticed, or to stand toe-to-toe with someone and strike with all possible force. I am also very experienced outside of combat, with scouting, presuading and even over-hearing.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
I will always keep my eyes open and my ears perked when someone above me in rank is speaking to me. I will also take risks to get the job done, even if it involves my personal life.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
My blade is sharp, my mind even sharper. I am a master of dirty tricks in combat, aswell as fighting 'til the last breath is drawn.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
I am looking to put my combat experiences to use, and making comrades through battle and honor. I've also been looking to serve the Horde through the means of fighting.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
I've taken part in battle against the undead of Quel'Thalas, aswell as I have taken part of many shady cartel battles in Silvermoon. I've also been serving more noble causes within the ranks of The Farstriders.
9) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions.
Caught on patrol, your friends and allies were taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time are likely to be executed. You avoided capture.
Meanwhile, your races capital city is slowly being lain siege to, and are desperately calling for any and all aid.
Only you know what direction your friends and allies were taken.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city, as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
Do you help your friends and allies, or do you ride in aid of your capital city?
I without a single doubt rush to help my allies, knowing that if I come out alive I can bring my newly freed allies who are in state ready for combat to assist in the battle for my city, as they owe me their lives for saving them from a death at the hands of an executioneer.
Basically, I think that I could make a much bigger difference in the battle by bringing comrades who are ready for revenge after being captured by The Alliance.
10) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
Yes, I am completely aware that I must honor my superiors and follow any orders they give out that is related to serve The Shatterskulls.
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this application form. An officer will be along shortly to take a read, and if successful, you will be contacted in game for an IC interview!