1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
I've been RP'ing in WoW since 2006 or 2007, first on the Sha'Tar, then on Defias Brotherhood after a year or so. I've been part of Sin Belore for many years, and recently of the Sixty Thieves, but they are quite inactive. I've RP'd with many other guilds on and off, but those are the RP guilds I have been most actively part of.
2) Why do you want to join us?
I am looking for a good place to RP Darilas. For IC reasons I might get to explain below it is unlikely he will be able to be part of Sin Belore again, unfortunately, and OOC I find too little in the Sixty Thieves at the moment, and I think Darilas doesn't exactly fit there either.
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
Uhmm, a definition. Well... I guess that I really enjoy RP'ing a charcater that feels 'real' to me and I can have good fun playing him in interactions with other players.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
Someone who is able to RP their character without too much godemoting and metagaming (although some of the latter is sometimes hard to avoid, especially when you have so much information you forget what you know IC or OOC) Someone who is open-minded to others' way of playing, although I dislike 'spesiul snowflakes' as much as the next RP'er I guess. I like my chars to be simple in basic, and work with them until they have their own story.
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
I might want to help out ocassionally but I must warn you, it is far from my strength.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
I am starting to get more into it. I never did rated battlegrounds or arena's though. I am trying to figure PvP out.
7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
Mostly from RPíng with you lot!
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
Darilas Lionfeet, Sin'Dorei
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
I am used to that, as I was an officer with the Sin Belore. I am looking for a new place to put my skills to good use.
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.'ve gr
I've grown up as a nobody, living on the streets of old Silvermoon. When I got older, I got tired of being beaten up by stronger streetrats and I've started to learn how to fight. I joined the Sin belore to become a better fighter and worked my way up to the rank of Sin Ashal, and have even been appointed Sin Serrar for a while. I left the Belore because of a conflict with Advisor Sunbinder, then the Sin Drassil. I've been hanging around with bandits again, but I don't really fit in that circuit anymore and I want to be part of a military again. Other then that, I am known for my fashion designs and I like to play the lute once in a while.
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
I am a survivallist and archer. I have a keen eye and quick reflexes. I am not afraid of a confrontation and gladly fight alongside my warbrothers. I have been a drill sergeant specialized in survival training. I don't know if I can call myself unique in anything in combat, but I work as hard as anyone, and am very loyal, and good at taking orders.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
I respect my officers and I will always follow orders. When I have my doubts about orders, I will speak about that when it's possible and necessary, but I won't bluntly go against them.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
My experience and my willingness to learn.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
I want to be part of a team again, and I liked joining forces with you so far.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
Well, I've fought many battles as part of the Sin Belore, most countable the ones defending Thoradin's wall and the scouting missions in Darkshore and Feralas. I was a soldier, veteran, Sin Ashal and Sin Serrar. More recently I have worked as a rankless freelancer in the Rebellion.
9) Currently the Marauders have declared themselves rebels against the Warchief Hellscream's rule. Are you prepared to throw your lot in with the anti-Hellscream resistance?
I already am.
10) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions. Your home city is under siege, you are defending the walls against your race's foes.
Caught on patrol whilst trying to reach you, your friends in the Marauders are taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time will be executed.
Do you abandon your post and leave your city to die or do you break out under cover of darkness to rescue your friends?
Your people will never allow you to leave; you can only abandon your post in secret. Leaving your post leaves a blind spot in your city’s defences, one the Alliance are sure to notice and use to break through the walls.
If you rescue your friends, there is no chance you will be able to re-enter your city.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
I've had this question before. I am very loyal to my friends, but I know I can not sacrifice an entire city for a small group of friends. The best I can do is fight as hard as possible defending my city, and hope to cut through the Allinace ranks fast enough to reach them. But I can not do miracles.
11) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
Of course. I am used to that and never had a problem with it.