OUT OF CHARACTER
As we are a roleplaying guild, we will only take those applicants on who are enthusiastic about RP. You don't have to be a lore know-it-all, or turn into a walking dictionary to join us however some basic knowledge is prefered. The Marauders however wont hesitate to educate you on what you need, considering you're willing to learn! We do also offer a raid team, and a PvP team that you will have the chance to join if you are accepted into the Marauders.
1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
RP'd with a bunch of different guilds on The Venture Co and Sporreggar, most notably A - The Mobius Strip and H - The Light watch/The Dark Watch
2) Why do you want to join us?
I am looking for an intense RP guild, and I have heard many great things about the Marauders and would love to be a part of the epxerience.
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
Hmm, well, I would say the most important thing is "being" the character you play. Acting is a passion of mine and I love taking on new dramatic characters, and developing their story. RP is a great outlet of crativity and allows me to be a different person, or orc in this case.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
Staying in character, correct grammar while typing, and not overpowering any situation
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
Yes I do, I have a lot of experience raiding.
in TBC i completed karazhan to SSC as a rogue
Then I played a holy paladin for WoTLK and was in a top guild on sporregar H - Silver Storm and achieved some titles such as Twilight Vanquisher and Of the Nightfall - Obsidian sanctum with 3 dragons before the nerf.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
Yes, played healer in 2.2k rated arena team, Holy/Unholy
7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
Ingame, and Im pretty sure you guys where on sporragr when I played there. I have just come nback from a very long break so my memory is a little fuzzy
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
My name is Verkul, an Orc shaman, and I hail from Durotar....at least that is what I remember.
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
Anything for the Horde.
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
I don't know much about my past, when I was young a great shaman by the name of Ravennox found me dazed and confused wondering the Durotar, unable to remember my name or where I lived. He brought me to the valley of trials and I lived and trained there until I was ready to commune with the elements and truly begin to help the world. Ravennox was a pupil of Thrall himself, and I have alwayd admired the two with great aspirations to become a shaman as skilled as them. However, Ravennox has dissapeared when he tried to help rebuild the world pillar, and with Thrall gone as well, I find myself trying to find a place to fit in.
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
I have trained my whole life in Enhancement Combat, however as of recently I have started to commune with the elemental spirits more often, and I find myself veering towards elemental combat, something which I have been practicing very recently. Once I have found my true strength, I will focus my power to the restoration of others....as my mentor, Ravennox did.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
I am confident in myself as a combatant, and will be able to prove myself through any challenge that you provide for me. i willl show you that I will be a valuable asset to this warband.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
I am loyal, strong, and honorable. I will bring honor and strength to the warband. I also hope to make some new friends...
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
With the dissapearance of my Mentor, and Thrall heading to higher calls, I find myself questioning my place in Azeroth. I have been training my whole life in order to go to battle with Ravennox and Thrall...but times have changed and I find myself not knowing where to go/what to do...Reading about the Marauders on a board during a walk in the Valley of strength, I was inspired. I respect who you are and what you stand for, and feel that I would be able to learn from as well as share my knowledge in this warband.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
I had some experience with the Bloodsail Buccaneers, showing me their ways and helping them out. As appreaciation for my help they have named me a Bloodsail Admiral.
9) Currently the Marauders have declared themselves rebels against the Warchief Hellscream's rule. Are you prepared to throw your lot in with the anti-Hellscream resistance?
I was not a supporter of hellscream in the first place. But after Ravennox explained Thrall's reasoning I had no choice to comply. I agree that Hellscream was the right choice for the Horde at the time he was appointed...But his rage and thirst for blood is unquenchable, I fear he will tear the horde apart through hate, fear, and rage.
10) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions. Your home city is under siege, you are defending the walls against your race's foes.
Caught on patrol whilst trying to reach you, your friends in the Marauders are taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time will be executed.
Do you abandon your post and leave your city to die or do you break out under cover of darkness to rescue your friends?
Your people will never allow you to leave; you can only abandon your post in secret. Leaving your post leaves a blind spot in your city’s defences, one the Alliance are sure to notice and use to break through the walls.
If you rescue your friends, there is no chance you will be able to re-enter your city.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."
Of course I would want to go save my friends, however I cannot afford to leave this post if it means the alliance will surely take more lives, and control the city.
I would have to stay and defend my city....however the thought of what could have happened will haunt me for years, something I would wake up everyday thinking about, and pray to the elements that their spirits are safe, and that i did the right thing.
I would avenge the deaths of my fallen comrades, devoting my time to finding who captured and executed them, and serve them justice.
11) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
I know it will take time and I will have to complete some demeaning tasks, but if in time I can prove myself and show my worthy as a warrior and asset to the warband, then it will all be worth it. I pride myself with honor and respect, I will show you the appropriate respect and honor that you deserve.
Thank you for your time.
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this application form. An officer will be along shortly to take a read, and if successful, you will be contacted in game for an IC interview!