OUT OF CHARACTER
As we are a roleplaying guild, we will only take those applicants on who are enthusiastic about RP. You don't have to be a lore know-it-all, or turn into a walking dictionary to join us however some basic knowledge is prefered. The Marauders however won’t hesitate to educate you on what you need, considering you're willing to learn! We do also offer a raid team, and a PvP team that you will have the chance to join if you are accepted into the Marauders.
1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
I have role-played for about two years now, with breaks in between. I started with Nature’s Grasp, moved on the Chapter, then joined the Shroud, and finally I have spent a good amount of time with the Blooming Lotus.
2) Why do you want to join us?
I want to experience Horde RP, and joining you seems like a good way to do just that.
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
I do not really have a definition for roleplay, other than it being playing a role.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
The best roleplayer is someone who has fun while making sure the people around him or her have fun, too.
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
Perhaps once or twice; I am not that much of a fan of raiding. I should mention that I am rather bad at it as well.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
I am more interested in this than in raiding, but still not that much. I have PvP’ed a lot of my days away during WotLK, most of which was in battlegrounds.
7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
In-game and on forums.
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
My name is Malys Ciprebomb, a goblin.
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
Sure. There would not be much sense in fighting otherwise.
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
I was born on Kezan, and there I learned some engineering skills from a teacher who blew himself up while he was on fire. After that I went to a teacher who got thrown in prison for not paying debts, and my last teacher got hit by lava after the volcano on Kezan blew up. He nearly made it to the boat, too.
As for my hobbies, I spend most of my free time tinkering with pyrotechnical units.
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
I am good with explosions. I am also good with engineering and some alchemy in general, but not as good as I am with explosives. I can sneak around pretty good, too, and I have been trained in using daggers, but I prefer using things that will explode.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
By not displaying them.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
I am good at blowing enemies up.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
I tried to abandon the excavation site in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms when it became apparent what was being dug up, but I got caught. You can tell for the fact I am writing this that I have escaped that capture, but I do not really have anywhere to go to now, so I am looking for a new home.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
I have been employed by Garrosh’s Horde for spying, demolition and construction work, but they never gave me a rank.
9) Currently the Marauders have declared themselves rebels against the Warchief Hellscream's rule. Are you prepared to throw your lot in with the anti-Hellscream resistance?
I never liked them in the first place, so yes.
10) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions. Your home city is under siege, you are defending the walls against your race's foes.
Caught on patrol whilst trying to reach you, your friends in the Marauders are taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time will be executed.
Do you abandon your post and leave your city to die or do you break out under cover of darkness to rescue your friends?
Your people will never allow you to leave; you can only abandon your post in secret. Leaving your post leaves a blind spot in your city’s defences, one the Alliance are sure to notice and use to break through the walls.
If you rescue your friends, there is no chance you will be able to re-enter your city.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
It would be boring without friends, and I can simply move to another city.
11) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
I am used to following a hierarchy of ranks, or at least following orders from superiors.