1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
Where to start which is the question, despite not seeming much to myself. I've been involved with various tabletop RP for around 6 years now; DnD, Warhammer, Call of Cthulhu (to name a few). Going to LRP also for a few years and it's so much different out in the open which you can also submit your own letters/plot/background etc. In terms of WoW I have been on and off since Defias was first opened but never stuck with it. It wasn't until 2010 where I started to regularly RP and have been since with various characters (If you would like names/guilds, let me know).
2) Why do you want to join us?
I really miss playing my Tauren as I feel she is a good build of a character with so much potential ahead of her. Given the state of play, IC and OOC, the Marauders would suit very well in her progression.
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
For me it's all about submersing yourself into a world where you create characters and stories. Then being able to share and evolve with others and hopefully get some enjoyment from it all.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
I would say that it's someone who has a flare of creativity or the ability to keep people interested.
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
I would not turn down the opportunity if it came around. Experience wise I have only cleared up to some ICC heroic while it was still content and most things before that. I used to raid full time though never as hardcore at the top guilds on the server.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
I have never been able to get into the PvP area to go really competitive though I don't mind the odd game with friends/guild.
7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
I have met the guild a few times during events awhile back. Interacted with a few individuals on more than one occasion also. I lurk the DefiasRP boards, as weird as that sounds, to keep some eye on how things have been.
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
Hail, I am Arakea of the Grimtotem tribe.
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
Point me towards where I need to go. It has been too long since I was last able to be of use. I gave birth recently to a son, Kar'Krek, who is in safe hands until I can take care of him without the current threat that we're heading into.
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
Majority of my life believing that I was one of the Darkhorn tribe to then discover that I am of the Grimtotem. More importantly that Magaskawee is my birth mother, Elder of the Banner. Just because I find myself belonging to a tribe that has a taint to it's name does not change who I have been and who I now become.
On a lighter note I have a knack for making tea, even before the Pandaren race were met. Though with their expertise I have been able to widen my knowledge of what I can make.
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
I have been training for years in the art of Shamanism. Upon joining the Banner I found Noko, now gone to the ancestors, who took me under her wing. From there she provided me insight and I sought my own passage of learning.
Evicor, I know some Marauders know him, taught me how to use an axe. Not just how to hold it but to be aggressive and defensive, making sure I can hold my own. I remember the first time I toppled my mate, I felt the ground beneath my hooves shake.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
Those traits will only get everyone around me injured or worse, killed. I do not intend to be a mother with those qualities, I will show my son what it is to be a Tauren.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
We need to come together and correct what is going on, bring the Horde back to what it should be. I am not going to stand by and watch, I am going to make my effort to the cause.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
The Banner, as it stands, are non-existant. This I don't wish to say but I have not seen any of my brothers or sisters, Wildmane or my mother. I need to stand alongside those who share the same goal as I do. I want to fight with those who are willing to set wrong to right.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
I would not say I have been in a war but I have faced a troubling time. The dancer plagued not my people but I am aware she caused trouble for yourselves also. I witness my kind being turned into monstrosities, molded together in a sick twist of life. Cutting down her followers was not as easy as planned when we confronted her some time ago but I managed to cut a few down.
9) Currently the Marauders have declared themselves rebels against the Warchief Hellscream's rule. Are you prepared to throw your lot in with the anti-Hellscream resistance?
Given what I have stated already I can assure you that I am against the current Warchief. His command needs to end quickly before he brings darkness upon us.
10) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions. Your home city is under siege, you are defending the walls against your race's foes.
Caught on patrol whilst trying to reach you, your friends in the Marauders are taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time will be executed.
Do you abandon your post and leave your city to die or do you break out under cover of darkness to rescue your friends?
Your people will never allow you to leave; you can only abandon your post in secret. Leaving your post leaves a blind spot in your city’s defences, one the Alliance are sure to notice and use to break through the walls.
If you rescue your friends, there is no chance you will be able to re-enter your city.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
My kind are brave and strong, I can put my full trust in them that they can and WILL defend our city. The friends which I stand beside need to be kept standing, I would go out with swiftness on my hooves to free them.
11) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
The Banner has never been as the Marauders are, however, that will not stop me from disobeying. It is much like listening to the words of my Elders.