1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
I started Roleplaying in WOW abour four years ago I think it is, have been a member of Sin Belore for most of that time, and am a former IC and OOC officer of that guild.
2) Why do you want to join us?
I am looking for a guild that actively roleplays, both events and “casual” roleplay, which is something I have been lacking lately.
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
Roleplay in my mind no matter if its WOW, pen and paper or live is about being something your not in real life, its about stepping back from real life and enjoying a good time with friendly people in a different world.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
The ability to imerse your self into a different person without to much of your real self showing in it(its impossible to do so completely), its also that your able to respect others and what they RP, it might not be something you like but that don't make them a Lol'er. I also thing the ability to keep IC and OOC apart is important, hating someone IC but not OOC. And last but not least, making an interesting character with flaws and limitation that has a character arc trough roleplay.
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
When I get to 90 on the char I would love to, or the high level for the next expansion, but roleplay is my priority, I did hardcore 7 days a week raiding from vanilla to WOTLK, done with that.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
I am not a very good PVP, but will likely be doing a little just to have at least a little PVP gear, I never PVP'ed a priest, who knows I might like it.
7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
Most in game from events in the past, the guild always seemed cool to me, also Darilas speaks very highly of you guys and I been Roleplaying with Darilas for ages!
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
I'm Alíania Sundancer, and I'm a Sin'dorei(blood elf)
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
I'm willing to fight, and I do know a few fighting magics, but I lack experience, spent most my life doing...other stuff.
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
Ouch a hard question, well most of my life I lived on the streets, doing what ever I could to survive, which meant doing some shady and rather frowned on things. Maybe I should mention I am a very free minded person, takes a lot to surprise or shock me. If I was to give my self a tittle for what I am it would be entertainer and Illusionist.
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
I know a bit of light and shadow magic, but my main skills lie in illusions and telekinesis, I am by no means a master, but I get by fairly well in my opinion, I do enjoy taking things normaly not weapons and using them as such, its fun.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
To be perfectly honest I am not sure, I guess I will just do my best, follow the orders I am given, and not run away when scary things show up, and to the strength bit, I sure hope you don't mean physical cause... Nevermind.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
I may not be the most obvious choice, but what I may lact in experience and skill I make up for with a willing heart, a stubborn refuse to die nature and a general willingness to learn and adapt, just give me a chance.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
Everyone needs a hobby? Okay seriously I have most of my life lived in and around Quel'thalas and would like to get around a bit more and try new things, get some adventure in life, a bit of danger. I know its sounds a bit corny but its how I feel. Of course getting payed and all is great, and I really could use the job. Also my best and dearest friend is in the warband, Darilas.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
None what so ever, I have never been in wars or what you would call combat, a few bar brawls are about it.
9) Currently the Marauders have declared themselves rebels against the Warchief Hellscream's rule. Are you prepared to throw your lot in with the anti-Hellscream resistance?
I have no problem what so ever about going against Hellscream, from what I heard he does not sounds like a decent leader by any means and should be removed.
10) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions. Your home city is under siege, you are defending the walls against your race's foes.
Caught on patrol whilst trying to reach you, your friends in the Marauders are taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time will be executed.
Do you abandon your post and leave your city to die or do you break out under cover of darkness to rescue your friends?
Your people will never allow you to leave; you can only abandon your post in secret. Leaving your post leaves a blind spot in your city’s defences, one the Alliance are sure to notice and use to break through the walls.
If you rescue your friends, there is no chance you will be able to re-enter your city.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
I refuse to believe in no chance scenario's, if you cant succeed under the current conditions you change them, you adapt and over come, what the above scenario fails to mention is that if you free your friends you have more fighters, fighters that could attack the alliance from behind, and if done in a smart way they could make it seem like they are a lot more then they actually are forcing the enemy to fall back and regroup thinking they are being flanked by a large force. Also illusions could be used to make it seem like there is no blind spot in the defense, of course this would be a bit of a gambit, but it could work.
11) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
I am willing to do that, I will need to learn some of it first, but I am willing to.
An OOC note, I am dyslexic, but I am always told I am a good Roleplayer, you can always ask Dari about me.