OUT OF CHARACTER
1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
This would be my second character to join this warband. The first character in this warband was the first character I tried to roleplay with. Now that I know the basics and rules (after quite a few mistakes) of roleplaying I did abit more thinking and lore-digging before I actually created my character.
2) Why do you want to join us?
I'd like to put the things I learned into practice with a new character. Other than that I like how active and relaxed this guild is with all its role-playing events and what not. Goes without saying the members i've met so far have also been nice and helpfull.
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
Playing realistically and living the character you created in interaction with other players.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
One that would think about his actions and wether they would or would not be 'something their character would do' and one that sticks to its characteristics.
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
Definately, played tons of random bg's and arenas. Not much experience with rated BG's though.
7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
Advertisement in /trade chat
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
Heya! My name is Amyla and was born on the Wandering Isle.
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
I am ready to do the best I can to aid my allies in battle!
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
My name is Amyla Jademist. I was born on the Wandering Isle, raised by my mother. My father had disappeared one day when I was still very young, and his whereabouts are still unknown.
Ever since I was little, I felt a strong connection with the elemental spirits. On an early morning I was running around the isle. As I ran along the shore of a small lake, I slipped and fell into a lake. As I sunk deeper into the lake, I suddenly felt a thrust in my back pushing me towards the surface. As I reached the surface I could see a small watery spirit flying around me. I was shocked and lost my consciousness as it began to communicate with me. It said: "Play with me! Have you come to play with me? Play with me!". As I gained consciousness I could still hear its voice ring loudly trough my head, although the spirit had left me. A few days later I returned to the lake to find the spirit. I sat down in the grass and stared across the lake. The spirit was nowhere to be found. As I closed my eyes I started thinking "please spirit, come see me again. I want to play with you". I quickly opened my eyes as i felt water pouring down my hair and clothes. The water spirit was flying around me again and drenched me in water. I laughed and I could hear the spirit saying "Shuuu! Shuuu!". I asked "Is that your name? Shu?". The watery spirit nodded and drenched me in water again. From that moment on I started bonding with the water spirit Shu. In time I learned to communicate with the other three elemental spirits Wugou, Huo and Dafeng.
As time passed I was being thought some basic combat techniques by Ji Firepaw. I developed my own fighting style making use of the various elements and their powers.
I have recently left the Wandering Isle and joined the Horde along with my friend Ji Firepaw. I embarked on a journey to see what the outside world has to offer, what other spirits there may be, what kind of people there are out there and most importantly, to find my father.
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
The water and earth elementals Shu and Wugou have thought me all about the restorative powers of water and earth, which I can call upon to aid my friends in battle. I prefer not to harm others, but when left no other option, I will call upon the destructive forces of air and fire to protect what is important to me.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
I follow the path of the huojin pandaren, which states that inaction is the greatest injustice, and fighting for family, loved ones and what I believe in, is among the most honorable acts. I will only be able to fully prove myself in action, but I can assure you that I will not let you down.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
Positivity in troubled times, calmness in chaos, preventing conflict to the best of my ability, but able to show fierce destructive powers when needed. This is my way of life. Wether it is what the warband needs, is not for me to say.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
I wish to join the warband to forge strong bonds between me and others, to learn the practice of the elements from different perspectives and to go on adventures with my new made friends. Perhaps people in the warband know about the whereabouts of my father?
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
I have only had combat practice with several sparring partners back on the wandering isle.
9) Currently the Marauders have declared themselves rebels against the Warchief Hellscream's rule. Are you prepared to throw your lot in with the anti-Hellscream resistance?
Most definately yes. The warchief treated me and Ji firepaw as trash on our arrival in Orgrimmar. From that moment on I already beared a personal hate towards him.
10) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions. Your home city is under siege, you are defending the walls against your race's foes.
Caught on patrol whilst trying to reach you, your friends in the Marauders are taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time will be executed.
Do you abandon your post and leave your city to die or do you break out under cover of darkness to rescue your friends?
Your people will never allow you to leave; you can only abandon your post in secret. Leaving your post leaves a blind spot in your city’s defences, one the Alliance are sure to notice and use to break through the walls.
If you rescue your friends, there is no chance you will be able to re-enter your city.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
I would call upon the powers of the elementals to man my post while I make my way towards my fellow members of the Marauders. Wether the elementals will be able to hold the alliance off while I am absent, I don't know. All I know is that I will do ANYTHING to stop my friends in the warband from being executed.
11) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced
You have my word.