OUT OF CHARACTER
As we are a roleplaying guild, we will only take those applicants on who are enthusiastic about RP. You don't have to be a lore know-it-all, or turn into a walking dictionary to join us however some basic knowledge is prefered. The Marauders however wont hesitate to educate you on what you need, considering you're willing to learn! We do also offer a raid team, and a PvP team that you will have the chance to join if you are accepted into the Marauders.
1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
Used to roleplay with the Severed Heads Orcs on the Europa server of Ultima Online back in the days, I am however out of touch since I haven't been close to the roleplay community of any game for quite some time.
2) Why do you want to join us?
After focusing on other aspects of MMORPG:s for quite some time now, I think it is time to return to the roots of why I started playing MMORPG:s to begin with.
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
Experiencing, interpreting and interacting with the world through the eyes of someone else, yet yourself, at the same time.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
Someone that is good at adapting to others actions without going out of character. Someone that knows both rules and lore, yet still respect others efforts even if they might not be as skilled roleplayers, as long as they put heart into it.
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
If you put a raidforce together I might be interested if there is room. My experience is limited to vanilla raiding in WOW, LFR of the more recent WOW raids, and current tier raids of Everquest 2 (until I quit a while back).
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
I'm very much interested in PVP, my rated battlegrounds experience is fairly limited since I come from a low pop realm where RBG groups were scarce, my RBG rating was around 1650. I've played and still play 2v, 3v and very rarely 5v arena, with the highest rating of roughly 1850-1900 across the brackets.
7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
Found the information on the forums a while back, when researching the Defias Brotherhood server.
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
Zynoxi, an orc of the Frostwolf clan
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
I will always fight to defend my brothers and sisters.
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
Me and my sister Zyalah studied the shaman ways together, cracked our first skull together, and now, is joining the rebellion together. We have left our home with the Frostwolf clan to aid the revolution against the rule of Hellscream. Our heritage is built on conviction and loyalty to what is best for the horde, therefore we have left our home behind, to unite with likeminded.
I am often told I am the most stubborn of the two, but I would never admit that..
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
I am well versed in the shamanistic ways, my swift ghostwolf paws has made me an asset in group combat as I have the ability to swiftly judge situations and utilize spells and totems that can aid my allies.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
I will gladly join the warband for hunts and such to prove in action that I am an ally to depend on.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
A warband consists of countless of small links that together form a strong chain, a chain that can not be broken. I do not claim to be as strong as the chain, but I am convinced that I will be a strong link in this chain.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
In unruly times such as these, where the mighty horde tremble, our people need strong communities that together can mind what might soon be broken.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
I have stood behind many fierce warriors and aided them with both restorative and elemental magic. I've aided the assault on the Molten Core and I have participated in bloodsports all over Azeroth. As a soldier of the horde, I attained the rank of Blood Guard many moons ago, however, there is yet much to learn about the strategy of war, both versus the alliance and whatever else stands in the way of the Horde.
9) Currently the Marauders have declared themselves rebels against the Warchief Hellscream's rule. Are you prepared to throw your lot in with the anti-Hellscream resistance?
Yes, as I mentioned earlier, this is one of my primary reasons for joining the warband
10) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions. Your home city is under siege, you are defending the walls against your race's foes.
Caught on patrol whilst trying to reach you, your friends in the Marauders are taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time will be executed.
Do you abandon your post and leave your city to die or do you break out under cover of darkness to rescue your friends?
Your people will never allow you to leave; you can only abandon your post in secret. Leaving your post leaves a blind spot in your city’s defences, one the Alliance are sure to notice and use to break through the walls.
If you rescue your friends, there is no chance you will be able to re-enter your city.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
I would leave my sister, Zyalah, to stand guard as I leave under cover of darkness to free the captured marauders. She would have my back, the same way that I would have theirs.
11) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
The chain of command will always be respected
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this application form. An officer will be along shortly to take a read, and if successful, you will be contacted in game for an IC interview!