OUT OF CHARACTER
As we are a roleplaying guild, we will only take those applicants on who are enthusiastic about RP. You don't have to be a lore know-it-all, or turn into a walking dictionary to join us however some basic knowledge is prefered. The Marauders however wont hesitate to educate you on what you need, considering you're willing to learn! We do also offer a raid team, and a PvP team that you will have the chance to join if you are accepted into the Marauders.
1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
~ Pen and Paper, both before and after I started playing MMO's. Casual RP in EQ2, with full background stories for all my characters, but not many people in the community to actually RP with. Haven't RPed in WoW (so my lore is lacking), but I miss doing it.
2) Why do you want to join us?
~ After leading my own close knit guild on EQ2 for 8 years, I'm looking for something like that again. I've never been in a RP guild, but I also haven't felt the sense of "community" on WoW that I miss so much, and thought this would be a good place to find it.
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
~ Immersing yourself into your character; their life, personality, relationships, attitudes. A different level of fun, interaction, and escape into the game.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
~ Someone who respects it. Someone who understands what being In character and Out of Character means, and not confusing them. Someone willing to help out and teach people who are trying to learn how to RP, because it is hard and intimidating in the beginning.
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
~ I have no raiding experience in WoW, that's not to say that I don't want to, just that I haven't. I started playing WoW about 2 years ago and have solely PvPed (BG's, Arenas, and World). I was a raid tank in EQ2 and enjoyed it a lot. If I have the time and gather the knowledge/experience in WoW PvE, it could be a possibility.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
~ I enjoy PvP very much. As of right now, it's the only reason I play (Obviously looking to expand this, now though) I regularly run 2v2 arena with my husband, and the occasional 3v3. BG's are always fun with more people, or as a warm up. Have reached 1950 ranking. I've been curious and interested in RBGs and would love to participate in those.
7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
~ Zynoxi seemed to have found a good home with you guys, so here I am.
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
That is why I am here.
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
I do not do "personal" or "hobbies." I am here because my sister tells me you are best to fight along side, not to share my stories with. I follow her here because I trust, as I must. She does not steer me wrong way, as others have. I fight, I heal, I study shamanic magic, I align myself with the elements, I hunt for revenge and for what is right. No time for fun, unless it is blood of Alliance. I am here to help with Hellscream, that is all needed to know. Once he is dealt with, and I know who you are, maybe then you learn about me, but not before. Call it "trust issues."
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
My totems are powerful enough to bring you back from brink of death, giving you second chance to kill. Tricky enough to tangle the feet of Alliance, giving you advantage. Blessed enough to summon elemental beings, when outnumbered. There is a funny thing I do when I turn enemy into a frog, makes me laugh - helps morale.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
Know this: My sister has joined your ranks, and I have never - will never- leave her or let her down. In or out of battle. To disappoint you is to disappoint her. Orcs do not do that to family.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
What makes you think that I am not? I have traveled long way to fight by your side, because - from what I am told - I believe in why you fight, and how - which makes you the ones appropriate for me.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
I am strong, and even stronger with my brother and sister by my side, but not THAT strong. We are not stupid. I know we need others to fight with. Why YOU? Zynoxi says you are strong enough to fight with, and for. I am following with trust and loyalty.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
My experience has been on the battlefield. Fighting back to back with family, destroying Alliance. Less Alliance, less trouble. Most fighting has been on my home turf in Alterac Valley, defending the honor and health of Frost Wolf Clan from the constant attacks to our chieftan. When safe at home, clan members adventured throughout Azeroth for riches, pride, or duty. I do not care much for gold or ego, I tag along to make sure they did not get themselves killed. I never cared why or where we went.
9) Currently the Marauders have declared themselves rebels against the Warchief Hellscream's rule. Are you prepared to throw your lot in with the anti-Hellscream resistance?
Good. This is what I heard. Yes, that is why we are here, far from home, fighting for what is right.
10) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions. Your home city is under siege, you are defending the walls against your race's foes.
Caught on patrol whilst trying to reach you, your friends in the Marauders are taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time will be executed.
Do you abandon your post and leave your city to die or do you break out under cover of darkness to rescue your friends?
Your people will never allow you to leave; you can only abandon your post in secret. Leaving your post leaves a blind spot in your city’s defences, one the Alliance are sure to notice and use to break through the walls.
If you rescue your friends, there is no chance you will be able to re-enter your city.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
Friends captured? That will not do. Being able to re-enter city does not matter to me, but leaving a weakness in defense does. Remember those elementals I can summon? They can stand guard while I sneak away as a ghost wolf, unnoticed and swift.
11) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this application form. An officer will be along shortly to take a read, and if successful, you will be contacted in game for an IC interview!