1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
I am not the best, not the worst, but moderate.
2) Why do you want to join us?
I love RP, especially with other people, as by myself it's kinda useless.
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
Giving your character as personality and background and talking and acting as if you were that character.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
A good knowledge of the lore of the game in question, a patient mind, and a good knowledge of the works of Tolkien.
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have.
I have a level 90 orc who is in a good RP guild (Orcs of the red blade). With him I have raided, I am average at it (More kinda in between average and good). I enjoy it too.
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these.
I have tried neither, but am interested in doing some.
7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
I was looking for a large RP horde guild for trolls, I couldn't find any with online players so I just decided to play. I was picking up looms at Sen'Jin when I saw your folk. I became interested in joining and here I am.
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
Xuk-Mak be my name. I come from the race of the Darkspear trolls, loyal to the Horde.
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
I usually fight to the best of my ability if I can. If I cannot, I do my best to hinder the foe so my brothers in arms can do so.
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
My parents were killed by da naga. I kill each one I see, dat is my hobby. I was brought up in da echo isles by the hunters, dey taught me how to wield a bow. Da witch doctors teach me poisons for my arrows. I don't hate the alliance, but if dey attack me or anyone else in da horde, I attack dem. If they just walk by me, I let em walk, as dey do no harm in doin that. I never kill children, or anyone or anything which is with child.
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
I not the best with marksmanship, but I like poisons and voodoo. I imbue and cover my arrows with dem. It helps me, so I do it. I like traps too, a foe can be caught in one an I may not know it. I like taking people down by surprise. Catches them off guard, gives me da upper hand. My valor you will find is quite unmatched. But I know the difference between bravery and stupidity. I will not charge alone into an army. Dat would be foolish.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
I am no coward. I will not run when an enemy comes running (Though I may if an army does). But even if I do run, I will set traps for my pursuer. At da end of da battle, I want to have done something. I will not however, jump off a cliff to test myself. Tis foolish. I will not disobey, lest da orders go against my morals. Strength, what is strength? For me it is something someone uses to there advantage. If I lack bow power, I will unleash da power of my beasts and my poisons, and my traps. I will do everything I can to kill quickly. If I lack strength in one thing, I have strength in another.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
I have poison, loyalty, valor. I think with time I will be a great asset to da Shatterskulls. I will not run if you tell me not to, I will use all my power to stay alive and kill the foe. What more would you ask?
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
Killing things will improve my skills, I wish to have the best skills I can achieve. It will certainly help. I also wish to be rich, get money. Being a mercenary, must involve a lot of traveling. My one hope when I die, is that I will have met someone. [(OOC)Just to let you know, that is purely IC!!]. An' when I settle down, I want to be able to defend dem, I want to be able to defend my home from those who will want to take it from me.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
I am not good at taking damage generally. I usually am only good and injuring my enemy. I am not good at preserving others health though magic. In a battle, I can lead quite well, to me it just seems like telling the soldiers what and what not to do. I like doing dat.
9) Currently the Marauders have declared themselves rebels against the Warchief Hellscream's rule. Are you prepared to throw your lot in with the anti-Hellscream resistance?
Aye mon. Hellscream in an insult to da horde. He has abandoned morals, honor, an traditions. He should be put down like da dog he is.
10) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions. Your home city is under siege, you are defending the walls against your race's foes.
Caught on patrol whilst trying to reach you, your friends in the Marauders are taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time will be executed.
Do you abandon your post and leave your city to die or do you break out under cover of darkness to rescue your friends?
Your people will never allow you to leave; you can only abandon your post in secret. Leaving your post leaves a blind spot in your city’s defences, one the Alliance are sure to notice and use to break through the walls.
If you rescue your friends, there is no chance you will be able to re-enter your city.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
If you are asking what I would do I would do this: I would get a friend to cover my post, and pay him to make sure he does. Den I would sneak out and rescue my friends. Den, I would sneak up on da alliance general while he is sleeping and slip 'im some poison. Den I would go and look for settlements, asking for help, while my friend would keep an eye out on da city and tell me what is happening.
11) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
Yes, I am prepared.