OUT OF CHARACTER
As we are a roleplaying guild, we will only take those applicants on who are enthusiastic about RP. You don't have to be a lore know-it-all, or turn into a walking dictionary to join us however some basic knowledge is prefered. The Marauders however wont hesitate to educate you on what you need, considering you're willing to learn! We do also offer a raid team, and a PvP team that you will have the chance to join if you are accepted into the Marauders.
1) Please note any RP experience you have (The Marauders are willing to help you if you lack experience considering you are willing to learn!)
Not very much, I used to be on a different server with friends and we joined a small RP guild and we roleplayed there, however eventually I moved onto this server and focused on leveling and got Zorena up to 90. So im not too shabby, but im always willing to learn
2) Why do you want to join us?
From what i've heard, the marauders are the most popular roleplaying guild, and the whole 'warband' theme really interests me
3) What is your own definition of roleplay?
Playing a character, through his or her eyes, trying to be as realistic as possible (No god mode stuff) and just playing a character in his or her personality. Acting like someone else, in the game.
4) What do you think makes a good roleplayer?
- Realistic (No god mode)
- Can seperate in real life emotions from the in game character
- Respects the rules of Roleplay and respects players who arent as experienced in RP.
- Has some idea, if not all about the lore of the character.
- Know's everything about their character and stays in character all the time
5) Do you wish to raid with us? If so what experience do you have
Probably not, giving raiding a break
6) Are you interested in PvP such as rated battlegrounds and arena groups? If so, what experience do you have with these
Im not one for PVP, so im not particularly interested.
7) How did you hear about the Shatterskull Marauders? (Forum, friends, ingame etc)
In game, adds, forums as well
And a lot of people know about this guild, it seems big and popular.
IN CHARACTER Please answer all of these questions in character
Greetings potential Marauder. It is required of you to answer a series of questions in moderate detail so we can assess your suitability to us. We are a warband built on bloodthirst, strategy, honour, strength and respect. If you lack these, you are not the candidate for us. However, if you think you have what it takes, carry on!
1) Please state your name and the race that you hail from.
2) While with us, you will be required to fight. Are you willing to fight to the best of your ability for the sake of the Horde and the warband?
Always have been, always will be. and nothing will change that.
3) Please tell us a bit about yourself, this can be personal history, hobbies, or anything.
In my darkest of times, the Horde has always been with me, to pick me up when I need it. Now its time I pay the Horde back, fight proudly for the Horde in your colors, fight against the Alliance or anyone that stands against us or the Horde.
4) We are considered an elite fighting force amongst the Horde. What have you trained and specialized in? What makes you unique in combat?
Melee range combat. Give me a sword, axe or a mace and watch me smash my foe's. I've been trained in the arts of Retribution, combat ever since I was a young cub, as I have grown; I have mastered the techniques of fighting up close. Give me any weapon, and ill use it to fight. Along side this, I have also trained in the magical ways. I can provide weak but efficient heals, and fill myself with holy power to enhance my attacks.
5) We as a warband are not fond on cowardice, disobedience, or lack of strength. How will you plan to prove to us you lack these traits during your initiation period?
Any way I can. I am not one to run from a fight, I was always taught to stay, defend and fight. Ever since I was young, I have been ordered to do things, whether I liked them or not. In time I learnt to accept this fact, and make it a part of my duty. I will obey any commands given to me, irrelevant of what place they hail from.
6) What makes you think you are appropriate material for the warband?
I am tough, strong, obedient, I respect my fellow peers. I excel in leadership skills and collaboration. I walk with pride because I am part of the Horde, I seek to walk with pride in one of your colors, as one of you.
7) Why do you wish to join the warband?
For a long time I have been alone, fought alone. Its time to change that, come out and really do something for the Horde, for my brothers and sisters, be a part of a group or a warband, fight against any who oppose us, honor any who are with us. I want to feel a part of something again, have friends and family watch over my back as I watch over theirs. I want to belong to a family again.
8 ) We look for experience, but training is given to those with an eager mind to learn our ways. State any previous war and combat experience you have had, including rank and role.
After my father had been slaughtered, I led our tribe to battle. I took care of them, my tribe. We moved around, killed as we went to any who opposed the Horde, or who wanted to harm us. We took care of ourselves until eventually, we were attacked and all killed. I and a few others were the only ones that survived the attack, the others fled and I were left alone. My training comes not only from my father, or years of leading my tribe, but it also comes from the wild. It comes from surviving by myself out in the open, defending myself, my home, my food. I am eager to learn more, never stop training and always be at the best of my game.
9) Currently the Marauders have declared themselves rebels against the Warchief Hellscream's rule. Are you prepared to throw your lot in with the anti-Hellscream resistance?
Yes. Hellscream is tearing apart the Horde, making us turn against each other, causing havoc and chaos. He must be stopped. You have my full support.
10) The Alliance have launched an assault on the Horde of vast proportions. Your home city is under siege, you are defending the walls against your race's foes.
Caught on patrol whilst trying to reach you, your friends in the Marauders are taken prisoner by the Alliance, and in time will be executed.
Do you abandon your post and leave your city to die or do you break out under cover of darkness to rescue your friends?
Your people will never allow you to leave; you can only abandon your post in secret. Leaving your post leaves a blind spot in your cityís defences, one the Alliance are sure to notice and use to break through the walls.
If you rescue your friends, there is no chance you will be able to re-enter your city.
There is no chance the other races of the Horde can send military forces to your home city as they are fighting on their own fronts.
Time is growing short.
While my city has been there for me in the past, the Marauders would be my present and my future. I would chose to abandon the post and rescue my friends.
11) Last but not least, are you prepared to show respect and obedience towards your superiors by following orders and addressing them in the correct manner? We as a warband work around a hierarchy of ranks, whilst every Marauder is entitled to their opinion, this hierarchy MUST be respected or the consequences are faced.
I agree, I fully agree.
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this application form. An officer will be along shortly to take a read, and if successful, you will be contacted in game for an IC interview!